Mini lop Breeders in Connecticut

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking for local active mini-lop breeders in Connecticut. Any help or advice would be great! Thanks guys!

Have you checked the American Rabbit Breeders Association website? They will have a list of registered breeders by area. Also you can find out when the next local show is and go there and meet breeders in person. Often people bring rabbits to sell to the shows, plus it's fun and you meet a lot of nice rabbit people.

Another way is to keep an eye open on Craigslist in your area for people who are selling the breed you are interested in. I've located breeders very near me even in less common breeds by checking on Craigslist. Some of them don't show or belong to breed clubs and I wouldn't have found them any other way.

Good luck!

This is all great. I looked at facebook and almost was sold a bunny from, North Wales. Facebook hasn't been reliable. I am also looking at craigslist as well. But I want to get a bunny for a 4H club that we are starting at the highschool. One for showing and breeding.

I am looking for local active mini-lop breeders in Connecticut. Any help or advice would be great! Thanks guys!
We got out Holland lop from Huntington Hoppers in Shelton CT.
They have a facebook site and website. They also breed Netherlands. Our rabbit is a Holland lop false dwarf about 5pd. Very healthy.

If you want a rabbit for showing/breeding purposes I would be leery of looking for one on Craigslist. Contacting reputable breeders you find on ARBA, the mini lop breeders club, or even by attending a rabbit show in your area would be your best options, especially if they will be your foundation breeders.

I agree with you. I am going to go to some fairs in the fall. Thank you for all of the advice.

I agree with you. I am going to go to some fairs in the fall. Thank you for all of the advice.
We have an ARBA show May 17 in Spencer MA at the fairgrounds which shouldnt be far from CT. We are located in MA and my granddaughter got her Breeding show mini lops from Maryland and NY breeders. There are several winning show breeders in NY if you are interested. The one we got this past weekend is from breeder just south of Albany. I dont know any in CT.
->Hint about Craigslist sales, we would post on there for cull/pet only quality. Please use caution, as we found first hand not every breeder is nice enough to not sell crap quality to 4h kids my granddaughters love winning and it sucked we got screwed by poor quality with first rabbit so trying to help others avoid that.

Thank you all for the imput, I found a breeder in New York and am getting two rabbits.

I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back