Mini, Holland, or French?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harlow

Reaction score
I recently adopted my 2nd rabbit, and I'm trying to identify his breed.
untitled_by_bloss1413054-dc5ncy8.jpg

He was advertised as a Holland Lop, but really doesn't look like one. His ears are much longer, and he's quite a bit bigger (than my current holland). He's 11 months old. I'm pretty sure he's a Mini lop, but I'm not 100% sure.

Holland lops grow 2-4 pounds fully grown. Mini lops grow no bigger than 6.5 pound (3kg) so I think you are right in saying that he’s a mini lop but I’m no expert... good luck!

Thank you! That's what I was thinking, too, but he has ears like a french, and that's what was throwing me off :)

Do you know how much he weighs? It would be really nice to have a side view photo.

If he is not over 8-9lbs at 11mos then he is not a French lop. His weight is going to be the main tale tell sign of breed. Like said earlier Holland’s are smaller and minis are twice a Holland’s size

He looks very close to my French Lop. Like stated it depends on weight mostly. Holland Lops are the smallest, French are the biggest, and Mini lops are in the middle of the too. At 11 months he should be getting close to being fully grown. Hollands weight around 4 pounds, Mini Lops weight around 5-6 lbs, and French Lops weigh a lot haha usually around 10-15 lbs when fully grown and healthy at 16-18 months. Hope this helps

He's around 4-5 pounds, my scale was having trouble with how light he was. I tried Weighing myself with him, but he came out 3.2 pounds then, and I know he's not that small. So I guess he's a Mini Lop?

Yes, thank you! I've been blessed with 2 non-chewers, and they aren't left unsupervised anyway, but thanks for the concern :)

At 4-5 pounds he could still be a holland lop, just without the dwarf gene. But I can't tell from the picture whether he's holland or mini or not.

Latest posts

Back