Millie's bunny burrows of madness

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heya Misty, Millie is a standard rex, though a smaller than usual one as she was he runt of her litter. When Ruby was still here she was always several inches longer than Millie when they both stretched out!;)

Heya Cystal. Aww bless you! :)We're both good thanks, though I'm so busy at the moment - looking forward to the summer hols! How are you and Snuffles doing? I do miss seeing pics of your Angel! Us rex owners always stick together.;)

I caught a video today of Millie destroying her basket (she has been having a wave of destruction lately with all her toys!I think I'll have to make another big order from the shops soon at this rate to top up all she's destroyed! ha ha.:D)

Anyway, here you are, my destructo-bunny;)

and here's the little girlie afterwards all tuckered out!

Ee068.jpg

OMG I love that picture of Millie laying in her destructed basket. She just so relaxed and ejnoying life in that picture. Though I am not sure she really fits in the basket lol even with half of it gone

Heya guys,

sorry it's been such a long time since I've been on here! I hope you guys are ok, thanks for checking in on me and Mills. :)

Unfortunately I don't come baring good news I'm afraid. Millie is quite ill at the moment. :(She became ill very suddenly at the weekend, and on Saturday morning I found her with diarrhea all stuck to her back end. Suffice to say we took her straight to the vets who said that her guts had really slowed down. They kept her in for a few hours and shaved her back end to get her fully cleaned up (poor Mills!) and injected her with some meds to get her guts moving again.

I was home from uni for the weekend so spent it giving Mills some TLC and making sure she got her meds (a high fibre pre/probiotic paste and some meds to get her guts moving) and tempting her with various foods. Unfortunately she didn't get much better, and I had to come back to uni Sunday night which sucks. :(Anyway, she became worse this morning so my mum took her back to the vets where she was admitted for the day, given various meds and had the vet nurses taking care of her and force feeding her. She is doing a little better this evening and is eating on her own again, and my mum has been given a cocktail of meds and slurry to give her.

All in all a bit of a stress. :(Millie hasn't had any GI issues for years, so to have this all of a sudden with no reason for it is very worrying - especially considering her age (9 and a half). I'm very worried about her, and having to be here at uni when she's at home ill is rubbish.:(My mum is being brilliant though and has taken the day off work tomorrow to take care of her. Fingers and toes crossed she can bounce back from this! I know she's older, but she certainly doesn't look or act it and I know she has it in her to fight back. I can't bare to think of anything happening to her!! Please keep her in your thoughts guys.

My thoughts are with you and Millie! I know how stressful this can be. Your mom is truly a gem. It's good to hear from you again, even if it's not good news. Please keep us updated.

Oh dear...

:nerves1

Oh I really hope she will be alright! Oh Millie is such a special girl to me...

Lots and lots of love to both of you!

Oh No, Jess :(. You know how much I love Millie (Shadow does, too). I will be praying and keeping everything crossed for her. Your mum is wonderful to be taking such good care of her.

Is Judith still your vet? If anyone can help Millie, she can. I know how bad you must feel, being away from her.

C'mon, Millie girl. We are all hoping you beat this.

Take care, Jess, and let us know how things go :feelbetter:

Jan

Thanksso much for your thoughts guys.:) My girlie is doing much better today. She is eating on her own (greens and pellets) and has been going to the loo a lot more than she has beenthe last few days. She's still only eating small amounts, but it's a start! Bless my mum, she has taken another day off work tomorrow so she can stay with Millie, so that's one less worry! (Shehas been texting me with picture updates every few hours today -so I havephotographic proof of Millie eating! Bless her :))

I don't want to speak too soon, as I know how quickly rabbits can go back downhill, but fingers crossed she is on the road to recovery!!

Hi Jess,

I'm glad to hear Millie is feeling somewhat better.

I can imagine how you feel, poor Millie not feeling well and you are not there to take care of her. But your Mother sounds like a real Jem, taking days off work to take care of Millie. Millie sure is one lucky bunny.

Feel better soon Millie.

Susan:)

Thanks so much for your well wishes and thoughts of Millie guys, it means a lot. :)I am incredibly happy to tell you that it seems like Millie is back to her old self! I'm hesitant to say that she is 100%, but she certainly seems it! Woo hoo!! :):):)

Many thanks from Millie and myself for thinking of us these past few days. :hug:

Latest posts

Back