Methods to contain hay (allergies!) - hooded litter box?

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

LolaE

Reaction score
Ah, okay, perfect. I might start transitioning them to meadow hay and see how they do, then. Thank you!

Reaction score
I'm very allergic to Timothy and Alfalfa is only good for young rabits up to 6 months only. We started using orchard grass and I don't have to wear a mask or gloves anymore--not nearly as "dusty" as Timothy and no reaction when handling it or in the bunny room where they are fed with lots of it every day. Don't know if it will work for you or not. Also seen somebody use a heater vent air filter built into the side of a box with a fan on the other side to draw air into the vent to clean air just like an air filter--way less expensive too.

LolaE

Reaction score
That's an interesting innovation, the fan with the box. Thanks for the tip. :) Unfortunately I can't get any hay apart from one kind/brand of meadow, timothy, and alfalfa--not much variety on offer where I live. But I'll experiment with switching them to meadow hay (carefully--last time I tried that, I think my one rabbit lost a lot of weight). Once the two bunnies are done bonding, I'll also try a hay rack and maybe an air vent/filter contraption, when I refurbish their joint bunny room.

Latest posts