Messy nose

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apollo’s Slave

Reaction score
Apollo has a really messy nose today. His nose generally does look a little mucky but it looks green and gross now. I’ve not seen any discharge but I thought that rabbits were meant to have clear clean noses. I know that I’ve made this sort of thing a few times.

https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/wet-rabbit-nose.97306/
Dirt? Weird Bunny Nose. (this one was fine, just his colour).

He’s been sneezing, not excessively. Only once or twice in a row and maybe twice a day but not everyday. I’m not sure if that counts as excessively?
I know that he’s a sensitive to the hay that I bought, so I’ve tried my best get the dust out and not give him the hay at the bottom of the bag.
Our usual hay is a little bit more pricey (by a little bit I mean £25 more pricey), and while that’s usually okay, my family’s business isn’t going so well -because of covid - and I usually work for my mum, meaning I get paid by my mum to get all of Apollo’s things and I’m not getting paid anymore.
So mum’s paying for everything, and says she can’t pay £30 for hay, not at the moment. Sorry, this was kind of me rambling on. I mainly mean that now that my regular hay is in stock I can’t afford it. And I don’t have farms nearby.

So this is my main question: is a messy nose normal? Should I stop worrying about it?

Attachments

• 2CD8D2AA-681C-48DC-9090-8C5D835ABE21.png
    2CD8D2AA-681C-48DC-9090-8C5D835ABE21.png
    863.6 KB · Views: 6
30£ for hay sounds quite a lot, do you have a farm near by? When I buy hay in the store I normally pay about 15€ for a 10kg bale which is roughly 13£. If I go to a farm which I’m doing as it is much cheaper and probably much better I pay for a big bale only 4€ which is about 2.50£.
good night
Eve

Thank you. I’ve looked for farms nearby, but most of them are city farms and don’t sell hay. I’ll have a look around though and see if we have any stables near by or something. Good night!

Latest posts

Back