Meet my new foster, Ruby!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undergunfire

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I posted over in my blog, but I know not everyone reads it :p.

An awesome lady from the Bunderground Railroad was able to drive over from Cali to bring me my new foster bunny from Zooh Corner Rabbit Rescue....and she also took Jenson (my English Lop foster) to his new home in Cali -- killed 2 birds with one stone ;). I can't thank the lady enough...she was so very nice for offering to do this to help out 3 bunnies - my new foster, Jenson, and the cage that opened up at the rescue for another bunny!

So, meet Miss Ruby (I have been calling her "Ruby Zooh" because of where she came from) :biggrin:. She is 1.5 years old and spent the past year in the shelter (Zooh rents space from a shelter for the bunnies, I believe). She is soooo adorable and loves to be pet. I did have her out in the living room, but I think she wasn't used to all of the "home life" noises & our little dog/cats....so I moved her into the bunny room and Brody moved out here in the living room. Ruby does still need a spay, but I offered to do that (my vet is cheaper then Zooh's vet anyway).

Ruby on the top & Marlin on the bottom....

4610056084_cf2b376e1c.jpg

"I HAS A VIEWWWW!!!!"

4609449295_8f43fca7fc.jpg

Checking out her new wicker basket...
4610060850_938f30d47a.jpg

"I HAS A BED!!!!" (she got Morg & Moll's bed because they never ever used it)...

4609453763_d6078a6dfd.jpg

Munching on some hay :)...
4610064534_131d5636bf.jpg

Nose rubs! (shes really a little girl, I think shes possibly a Polish or ND mix?)....
4609457655_76794bfaf4.jpg

"Teeeeheeeeehhhh!" (she's a flirter with her long eye lashes, lol)
4610068576_46dca79476.jpg

She's just so very pretty & happy to be in a cage will ALL PINK!!
4610070254_9b2f404a5f.jpg

She is so cute. That is sad she has spent the last year in a shelter. That is a long time. I am glad she is with you now. I know you will spoil her and show her what it is like to be loved.

Thanks, guys! She is really such a doll. I guess she was depressed in the shelter and now the director is glad to hear she is back to being happy :biggrin2:!

I think I am going to bring her and Marlin to the picnic tomorrow. I plan to split a pen in half so each bun gets a side...even though Ruby isn't spayed yet, I think it would be good for them to at least start seeing each other through NIC panels ;).

She is gorgeous. I know she will be much happier than in the shelter. she looks so spoilt! poor thing being at a shelter for a year of her 1.5 year life.

I love the Bunny and the cage set up with all the colors is so nice I know shes gonna lover her new home

Thanks, guys :biggrin2:!

Ruby is just such a sweet girl...not at all bossy like my Molly :p. Molly is my only female animal and that is for a reason...I usually find males to be much sweeter, but Ruby is so sweet!

Yep...we are planning to bond her and Marlin after her spay. I hadn't mentioned bonding to Ryan because I knew he probably wouldn't want to because that is 1 more bunny, but today at the picnic he said Marlin and Ruby would make a cute pair and we should try bonding....and I hadn't even brought it up :shock:!!!

undergunfire wrote:
Molly is my only female animal and that is for a reason...I usually find males to be much sweeter, but Ruby is so sweet!
I'm the exact opposite...I have four girls and one boy. I do love my sweet boy Flash, but the girls are lovable too.

Ruby is so pretty! I love her doe eyes with the long lashes. :hearts

You're such a great bunny advocate with your foster work. Lucky bun's to have you!

undergunfire wrote:
Yep...we are planning to bond her and Marlin after her spay. I hadn't mentioned bonding to Ryan because I knew he probably wouldn't want to because that is 1 more bunny, but today at the picnic he said Marlin and Ruby would make a cute pair and we should try bonding....and I hadn't even brought it up :shock:!!!

Nice, he thinks it's his idea haha well done :biggrin2:

She is such a beautiful bun, I would keep her too.

Are there photos somewhere from the picnic? I will check your blog.

Aw! Thank you, Erika :hug:. Yes, she does have "Bambi" eyes, LOL!!

Patti....maybe you've had great luck with female pets, but I haven't, hehe. Molly is just soooo bossy, but I do really love her.

Crystal...I'm uploading and posting pictures in my blog now :) - give me about 10 more minutes and they will be posted!

Latest posts

Back