Meet Ms. Holly

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunnyCait

Reaction score
Hey all! Returning after a long hiatus... We've moved and have had a lot of family changes, including the loss of our dear Breakfast. After him there just was too much pain to have rabbits around, but now that some time has passed and I'm finally in a place to get back in the swing of things, I recently welcomed a little girl into my home. Well you know how it goes (especially with me!), I assume little girl. :p

Meet Holly Madison, aka Holly Hoppet aka Holly. The story behind her name is long and maybe slightly inappropriate, but let's just say she got her name partially from Playboy Playmate Holly Madison. (Get it, playboy bunny, bunny? Har har.)

She's roughly fourteen weeks old, and I was told a mini-lop/nethie mix but I just don't see that, do you? ;) Either way, Holly is adjusting well to being in a home setting and being a house bunny, though she still loves pooing just about everywhere, the silly girl.

And I know what you really want... Pictures!

She came to me rather yellowed from the unsanitary conditions she was kept in, but in her new environment and with a little grooming on her part the staining is fading rather nicely and she almost looks snow-white as she should.

holly5.jpg

holly6.jpg

Hiding in her favorite place

holly4.jpg

Beautiful girl

holly3.jpg

Skeptical

holly2.jpg

holly.jpg

And the obligatory Karly/baby bunny picture

Hollyandkarly.jpg

Awww she's gorgeous! And I love her nickname- Holly Hoppet? I wish I'd thought of that! One of my girls is Mabel Hopp, their names go together well :D

Congrats on the new bunny! What do the kids think of her?

Haha Holly Hoppet came from a friend's nickname of Holly Pocket, which is from Polly Pocket... The rabbit was named after the friend, and one day Holly Hoppet popped out of my mouth and it stuck.

The kids haven't actually met her yet! They'll be joining me out here in Cali the beginning of October. I'm sure Tanner will be thrilled, Athena... Probably will try to "love" her too much. We'll need to do some baby training. ;)

Oh my goodness, I love the picture of her and the dog together! How is he around her?

My parent's dog once met one of my bunnies. He was soooo curious and didn't read the bunny's "back off" body language.

Thump. Yelp. Dog spent at least an hour trying to make his nose feel better. Bunny looked triumphant. They worked it out.

Karly is extremely well behaved and very used to being around small critters... She is completely uninterested in them, except when Holly is getting a treat and she isn't or I've spent just a little too much time petting Holly instead of her. Oh and heaven forbid I'm sitting on the floor, Karly will try to get in my lap just so Holly can't. :p

Holly on the other hand would really like to sniff that giant blonde creature but Karly simply plods away until Holly gives up or gets distracted.

They're never left alone together unsupervised though. One or the other is usually at my feet so that's really not much of an issue though! :)

Aww Holly is gorgeous!
You should post some pictures of her and the kids when they meet her. I would love to see how big Athena has gotten :)

Well Holly has done her first (of I'm sure many to come) naughty deed... She found her first lamp cord. Luckily it wasn't plugged in but still. Reminded me that bunny proofing is in need of happening; she'd been so subdued up until... the lamp incident, haha.

Off to Home Depot for rubber hose to cover the single lamp in the living room's wire. Luckily that's the only wire in the entire downstairs that she would have access to, as the TV/cable wires are all hidden behind the entertainment stand where she can't get to them.

I'm waiting for nibbles on my coffee table though. :p

Grace, I will be sure to do that! :D In case you can't wait, here's a recent picture of Ms. Athena. Prepare yourself!

thena.jpg

Latest posts

Back