Meet Mr. Mango

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniLopMad

Reaction score
Hi everybun!

My name is Mango and I am very lucky to be alive at this moment. Around a week ago, my old family dumped me at a vet clinic and told them I was a "stray". I wasn't a stray, but I didn't have a microchip or proof of any other family :(

After a few days in the clinic, I heard one of the nurses call my old family. Another nurse asked what they had said once the call ended, and apparently my old family were very rude and refused to take me :( The person on the phone was different to the person that had brought me in, and was meaner and angrier.

The nurses didn't know what to do - I heard them discuss my options. The pound refused to take me, and no rescue groups would either as they were either too far or full. The nurses didn't know who else to contact. I heard them discuss the likely option that I would be put to sleep!

I felt very sad - I had a goopy eye, diarrhoea and was very dirty. My nails were long and because I was very nervous, I wouldn't even let the people check what gender I was!

One person sat down in front of my cage, gave me a pat and then walked away. I heard her talk to the nurses about me and they told her what was going to happen to me. She wasn't very happy and came to pat me again. She told the others that she would keep me, and that I would be safe.

That afternoon, she put me in a carrier and took me to her home. She cleaned up my eye, cleaned up my dirty bum, clipped my nails and checked to see I was a boy or girl. I was a boy of course! She gave me a nice cage with food and water to rest in. I was happy and friendly, but shy.

A few days later and I am already coming out of my shell! I love all this hay and love I am getting :D My new mum told me that even though I am not the prettiest bunny, I am perfect to her.

What are your stories? Is there any other lucky buns like me? :D I can't wait to talk to my new friends

This is me yesterday:
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1462448398.450627.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1462448417.386044.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1462448444.736775.jpg
Me at the vet clinic:
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1462448474.569974.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1462448489.524451.jpg

Aww you ARE the prettiest bunny! You poor thing, some "people" are disgusting but lucky enough there are lovely people who restore my faith in humanity by doing something like this.
I found my baby Hamish a couple of years ago he was only a few months old under my car covered in engine oil. I wouldn't be without him he's a happy house bunny now, I adore the little fellow.
I hope your all happy together now.

Reminds me of my stray Butterscotch. He was probably a 4-H project that got dumped, they do it all the time.
He had a large tan patch of fur, evidently they had dyed the fur to get him in a different show category because his first shed it went to white and has not come back. He is scarred of everything and very shy even after a few years.

People are douches I mean seriously I get that sometimes people get in bad situations but then don't take it out on your pet anyway hello handsome.

Latest posts

Back