Meet Gabby!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura West

Reaction score
Gabby is an 8 month old English Lop! We just picked her up yesterday. It was the most terrifying, exciting and wonderful experience! I was so nervous, but she's been amazing! She has already come up to me for petting. We are in love! :p

Attachments

• 20180815_094849.jpg
    20180815_094849.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 27
She's doing amazing! Already doing binkies everywhere. I think she's happy to be indoors with more human interaction. Now, I need a flooring option that will allow her up not slip everywhere!

Too cute!
Are you looking for cage flooring or other? Does she have a cage?
Just something I can put on the floor of her room when she's roaming about. I can't tell she wants to run! I'm thinking about getting a canvas paint drop and using painter's tape to secure the edges down. Just so she has a textured surface. She's always supervised.

Many rabbits don't bother chewing carpet (especially if they have plenty of other chewing options). You could consider getting an area rug with low nap. Nothing expensive, of course, until you find out whether she will chew carpet.

Here are mine on an area rug. The one brown rabbit doesn't like the wood flooring and only walks on carpet.
upload_2018-8-18_12-42-30.png

I agree that a rug is the best option if your bun will leave it alone and it's not too abrasive on the feet/hocks. Lick Blue Eyes said, low nap is good, as long as it's not too abrasive I prefer one that has a soft surface to minimize rubbing on the rabbits hocks. I have a microfiber rug for my buns that I really like, but they do tend to pull strands out of it every now and then, which isn't a problem as they don't try and eat them. Though if they did then I would take the rug out due to the risk of ingested carpet causing a blockage.

Latest posts

Back