Meet Candyfloss

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivory

Reaction score
No, I am not exaggerating. MHRR received a pink rabbit. As in, a rabbit that had been dyed pink.

Said pink would not come out after two baths.

No idea what this person dyed her with.

I'd like to meet the butt who thought this was a good idea. And kick them. And dye them pink.

It should fade with time.

In the meantime, I have a pink bunny! Meet Candyfloss!!

It's pretty hilarious when she thinks she's hiding...and she is soooo visible.....hahahaha.

Seeing how it's that vibrant and someone actually put it on an animal - it's probably manic panic (looks like the shade I own actually) good thing is that at least it's all vegan and I believe natural.

I've wondered what they put on her. It's simultaneously kinda funny yet so not.

Poor baby, the dye job is just horrid, she looks ridiculous. I hope it was the stuff Carley talked about.

I do wanna see more pics when you get the chance though <3

I have a few more taken on my cell. Here is one during a car bonding session with Erik and Sofie.

Erik and Candy get along...swimmingly. Sofie and Candy like each other a lot. I'm hoping that Erik and Sofie don't unbond. They aren't exceptionally close- they live together and whatnot, but they're more roommates rather than bondmates. They like one another but Erik is a bully.

Yet he acts all depressed when I cage Sofie separately from him. He is a diva.

Anyway.

We once had a dog that had been dyed green at the animal shelter I volunteered at. If more than one person was interested in the same animal when the shelter opened, they would auction it off (now they do a silent auction instead). That dog went for about 10 x the usual adoption fee. We all joked that maybe we should dye all the animals.

yep, it's her forever home. I'm keeping her no matter what. She is my little love muffin bunny.

I remember seeing pictures of her when she came into the shelter when they were posted on Facebook! So glad to see she found a good home!

Wow. Can't say I've ever seen this before! I imagine it will take a really, really long time to come out...either fading or growing out. Maybe you can investigate whatever people use on their white dogs to whiten their coats? I have no idea if it's harmful or not but I know a lot of people that use it, like on Westies and so on. Might help. But if the pink is not hurting her...then CandyFloss she shall be!

People SUCK! :grumpy: I really do hope it was a safe dye.

I'm sooo happy she has found her forever home with you!

If it was permanent hair dye then it won't come out, it might fade a bit but will probably have to grow out. Poor bun bun :(

It's so vibrant, even after a few washes... Makes me think she may be that color for some time. Well at least she can go as the Energizer Bunny for Halloween, eh? ;)

Seriously though she's a cutie and looks like she's settling in well. :)

Well, it's a lousy dye job and you don't know what was used... but I think it's kind of neat. If it's not harmful, I don't see why it's a big deal. Actually, I'd probably keep her pink! (but done by a proffessional groomer, of course, so it comes out evenly.)

It is just completely unnecessary and personally I think it looks ridiculous. I wouldn't do it to a dog either though. I prefer the animals own natural beauty, but again, that is just my own opinion.

I don't like it on dogs either, but the difference between doing it safely on a dog and on a rabbit is a dog does not get as stressed out about going to a groomer and being dyed and washed. This could really upset a rabbit, even kill it from stress in some cases. Rabbits aren't supposed to be washed like that. The dye job on CandyFloss does not look anywhere near professional anyway, which makes me think it was just done by someone with normal human hair dye who didn't really care what could happen, or was just ignorant to what the consequences could be.

Latest posts

Back