Meet Blitz and Frosty

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blwinteler

Reaction score
My Groucho crossed the rainbow bridge to be with Bugsy and Buggs, his best buddies. I had promised I would adopt a bonded pair from a local rescue. So, I went to the rescue page and the bunnies that I noticed most had the same coloring as all three of my others. Only issue was that one has a genetic eye condition that requires drops twice daily. If you are at all familiar with my experience with Buggs, who passed 2.5 years ago, 3 years later than he was expected to live, you know I'm up to taking care of a medical bun. I let the shelter person know this and he GAVE me the pair instead of charging $100 each bun. He was happy they had a home who could handle them. I was also given an x-pen, critical care, treats, litter box, hay, baby gas drops, gravity water bowl, hidey box, and the eye meds Blitz needs. The rescue will cover the next checkup in 3 months and their next vaccinations and will help me with the cost of the eye meds.

Anyway, I have the buns in their pen in my bedroom. They are slowly adjusting. Blitz even did a dbf yesterday and she loves to stretch out. She's ok with some petting and will usually let me hold her for her meds. Frosty, her brother, is much more skittish but will come out of the hidey box for treats and will allow some petting. He likes nose scratches and HATES when I get near his hind quarters.

I do need some advice, but I'll post those questions in the appropriate place.

Attachments

• 1647218815333269795012729462140.jpg
    1647218815333269795012729462140.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220313_171605_3.jpg
    IMG_20220313_171605_3.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220312_132933.jpg
    IMG_20220312_132933.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 0
I rub ours along the jaw line and below the ears--get some really good tooth puring. Best to just give them time to settle in and get to know/trust you. Cosmo is from N California--was on death row for biting, but I corrected that behavior and let him know "I" am the alpha--he's really a sweetie and comes when called now. I've read a lot--books and articles--so as to understand rabbit behaviors and it has paid off. Our smallest was a 1.8 Netherland and our largest was a Checkered Giant at 20, and I do mean large. When cleaning your one off, flip him on his back first on your lap. get control, then take care of the chores. I've always told everyone I know to train the rabbit or the rabbit will train you. Dogs have masters, cats have staff, and rabbits have slaves!

Latest posts

Back