Meet Bailey!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you!! Shock collars were meant to be banned here in 2018 so I just decided not to get one! The breeder has given me quite good advice on how to train Bailey too! He said to make sure Bailey knew that Apollo was in a higher tier than him and had to respect him! I find that so funny but it makes loads of sense! 🙈😂
I've never heard of a shock collar , what is that?

I've never heard of a shock collar , what is that?
They are training collars that you control with a remote. In the US the collars have 3 settings: sound, vibrate, and shock. Each setting has levels so you can set the intensity of each one. We do not use the shock setting on our German Shephard because it can cause aggression. I have tested the shock out on myself and it doesn't hurt, it is just a weird feeling. In the UK the collars have a sound, vibrate, and static (I think) setting. Some people say they are bad for dogs, but the most well-behaved dogs I have ever met were trained using the training collars and positive reinforcement. I see no reason that the collars are considered bad unless you are abusing the dog with the collar.

They are training collars that you control with a remote. In the US the collars have 3 settings: sound, vibrate, and shock. Each setting has levels so you can set the intensity of each one. We do not use the shock setting on our German Shephard because it can cause aggression. I have tested the shock out on myself and it doesn't hurt, it is just a weird feeling. In the UK the collars have a sound, vibrate, and static (I think) setting. Some people say they are bad for dogs, but the most well-behaved dogs I have ever met were trained using the training collars and positive reinforcement. I see no reason that the collars are considered bad unless you are abusing the dog with the collar.
Oh okay , I've never used one of those on my dog . She'd be terrified

I do believe that I have the best puppy 🙈

We picked him up yesterday afternoon (we got caught in an hour of traffic) and he was great! The first thing he did was grab my braids and tried to eat them! In the car, he threw up and peed in the first 10 minutes but fell asleep for the rest of the journey (about two hours)!

Once we got back, he settled in so well! We took him outside and he explored our garden and we played. It took over an hour for him to wee outside but you know, consistency is key and we only went in once he did go outside. After dinner and play, he slept from 8pm to 1:30am and started whining *loudly*. It took a few minutes to find out what was wrong. I put my fingers in the crate, I spoke to him... he kept whimpering! We got him out of the crate and let him outside to go toilet. And he did! After that, he had a few more minutes of crying and he’s back to bed! Which is why I’m up at 2:30 to make sure he’s not crying 😂😂

Attachments

• AF28454A-577B-4E3E-B03C-01C6D6EE13F6.jpeg
    AF28454A-577B-4E3E-B03C-01C6D6EE13F6.jpeg
    917.3 KB · Views: 3

We picked him up yesterday afternoon (we got caught in an hour of traffic) and he was great! The first thing he did was grab my braids and tried to eat them! In the car, he threw up and peed in the first 10 minutes but fell asleep for the rest of the journey (about two hours)!

Once we got back, he settled in so well! We took him outside and he explored our garden and we played. It took over an hour for him to wee outside but you know, consistency is key and we only went in once he did go outside. After dinner and play, he slept from 8pm to 1:30am and started whining *loudly*. It took a few minutes to find out what was wrong. I put my fingers in the crate, I spoke to him... he kept whimpering! We got him out of the crate and let him outside to go toilet. And he did! After that, he had a few more minutes of crying and he’s back to bed! Which is why I’m up at 2:30 to make sure he’s not crying 😂😂
Aww 🥰😂

Thats so great that you've brought him home! I hope you have fun with all the messes to clean up, whining to handle, and constant attention needed with him.😂 Puppies are the best and also the worst. People say that you shouldn't compare dogs to children but the day before my younger brother was born we brought home our german shepherd Bolt, and a couple months after my youngest sister was born we got our rescue pup Peggy. The dogs were almost as much of a handful as the babies!!!😜 I don't know why my family made the mistake of having a new puppy and a baby at the same time twice but oh well. Double the cuteness I guess.❤

Hahah he’s already causing problems 😂

He’s super smart though! We’ve taught him down and stay today and he’s doing it really well! Our breeder compared puppies to babies so many times so I’m sure the saying is wrong 😂😂

I couldn’t imagine having to look after both at the same time!! Must’ve been fun🙈

Oh my goodness he is so cute! That is great you are training him tricks! With German Shephards you will always be needing to try new things so they never get bored ;)

I must argue that I believe I actually have the best puppy 🤣
I really think we just got lucky with Cash though. He has always been great in the car, he just lays down and sleeps. And, Cash would only cry at 5 AM for the first week so we would take him outside for 2 minutes, he would use the bathroom, and then he would go back to sleep (it was not us that trained him this, it was the trainer/breeder we adopted him from). One trick the trainer told us was to feed him at 6 AM, 11 AM, and 3 PM so he has time to get everything out of his system before bed (of course he has water 24/7). Because of this, now Cash is able to go all night without having to get let outside. I don't know what times y'all are feeding Bailey, but maybe this tip will help y'all out?
I never want to get another dog after hearing all the stories of puppies keeping people up all night!🤣

Haha I can definitely tell with the boredom thing! He can’t go out properly until he’s 14 weeks old (when he has his third vaccinations) but we’re going to take him on his first walk just around our neighbourhood next week.

Bailey is okay-ish in the car! When he’s in the crate he’s scared but if I let him out of the crate and onto the chair, he’ll sleep just fine. The breeder also crate trained him so I’m glad that I don’t need to deal with the whole “I’m not staying in here if it’s the last thing i do” crying that we had with Zeus 😂

We’re feeding at 7am, 12pm and 7pm, and we put him to bed at 9/10pm! Which generally gives him enough time to do everything he needs. He just can’t hold his bladder for long so we are waking up every 2 1/2 hours to let him out. But every two weeks will be adding 30 minutes to it (10w=2 1/2h, 12w=3h, 14w=3 1/2, and so forth until he’s 4 months) :)

Latest posts

Back