Meet Amelia

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korr_and_Sophie

Reaction score
Amelia is a 6-7 months old BEW lionhead doe, and hopefully Korrs new girl friend.
Shortly after Penelope passed away, I was in petland and they had just gotten some BEW lionheads. I pretty much decided that I wanted one at that point. However, I was not going to pay $50 for a pet store rabbit that I have no history on. Lucky for me, there is a breeder of lionheads who has BEW. Unlucky is that she lives in Edmonton which is about a 3 hour drive one way. At first I was hesitant to contact her as I (and Korr) was not ready for another rabbit yet and there would be some issues with picking one up.
Fastforward to Wednesday June 23. I saw that she had updated her sales page. There were some younger lionheads, but no BEW does. There was a bit older male BEW, but I was not looking for a male. There were also some adults, bit nothing that caught my eye right away. Upon looking closer, I saw that there was a BEW lionhead doe avaliable, there was no picture, so that is why I didn't see her right away. I then taked to a friend who knows the breeder a bit better and is a very bad influence. She contacted the breeder for me first, then I contacted her. It turned out that the breeder was coming to Calgary for a wedding over the weekend and offered to bring the rabbit down. I did need to talk to my mom, but once she got home I got the OK.
On Friday June 25, I meet the breeder at her hotel to pick up the bunny. Lucky for me, it was only 1 bus from my house to the hotel and 1 back with only a few blocks to walk in between.

Amelia has had a litter, but it was an accident. The breeder had left some jrs. together for a bit too long, then had a car accident. Amelia wasn't a good mom, she didn't pull fur and had some trouble nursing them. Another doe had a litter a few days after, so the kits were fostered to her. The younger lionheads for sale are her kits. She isn't going to be bred here and will be spayed as soon as I get the money together.

She is a shy rabbit, but is coming out of her shell. She has already met Korr and they seem to be getting along. He does want to hump her, but that is about it. Once she gets out of her hiding places, she does explore and is getting better day by day.
I do hope she will be a good agility rabbit, but it is more important that Korr gets a girl friend than I get an agility rabbit. The next practise is on Friday, so we shall see what happens.

Her names comes for Amelia/Amy Pond of Dr. Who. I was watching a new episode last night and the name seems to suit her. I am sure she will get a few nicknames as time goes on.

IMG_1844.jpg

IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_9129.jpg

Kate she's Beautiful.

I just love The Blue Eyed Bunnies. Of course I have 2 of them, both Lionheads too.

I look forward to seeing more picture of the "Love Bunnies".

Susan:)

Wow, she is gorgeous! :hearts I'm glad you went with a breeder instead of Petland.

Congrats!!

hartleybun wrote:
:)will be korr changing his name to rory?:D (dr who fan also!)
I like to watch the show (Dr. Who) when I can too. :D

Chances are, I saw Amelia when she was with the breeder.

Congrats on your new bunny.

Thank you everyone :biggrin:

Erika- I wouldn't get a bunny from a pet store. I just get bored and go look at the pet and stuff, then go somewhere else to actually buy anything. Besides, the bunnies there had a wet look around the nose, so are proably not healthy anyway and I am not bringing that home.

Donna- Korr is staying Korr. He didn't change his name to Desmond when he got Penelope and he's not chancing to Rory for Amelia. Even though he does watch Dr. Who.

Stan- I am sure you did. Too bad she won't be making a trip to Edmonton anytime soon. She might even remember Uncle Stan when she sees you again

I had her out to try agility and she jumped 3 poles which is 9 inches! She was a bit distracted as she needed to use the litter box (which she is using quite well for only being here for 5 days). Hopefully she will not be too shy on Friday.
Korr really seems to like her. He also likes her food, and will jump into her cage :rollseyes, so I have to take the pellets out when her door is open and he is out. She doesn't seem to mind him in the cage, but she does need her space, so I tell him to get out.

Latest posts

Back