Meaning of noise?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyngdorf

Reaction score
My girl Waffles (17weeks, not sprayed)recenly started making this noise - sort of squealing noise, often forlike 10 seconds- she sounds unhappy, not afraid. And I am wondering what it means? Ihave neverheard it before. Iwas watching her and Roger yesterday -at times if Roger jumps up to her she starts squealing and jumps away and other times sheputs her headunder Roger's head and then squeals... Is it her mating noise? Roger never says anything (he is neutered). Waffles seems fine otherwise, healthy and all.

Thank you!

Some bunnies tend to be more vocal than others, so possibly you have got yourself a vocal bunny.

When I have had unspayed does go near bucks they often make a variety of noises, sometimes 'clucks' or little grunts, 'quacks', or high pitched noises or a variety of other noises. I think it must be hormone and mating related, so that could easily be what it is about.

This will probably stop when she is spayed, but she may continue to be vocal with you even after that.

Latest posts

Back