Me + bunny in a tiny space

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

addy

Reaction score
I will be moving to an approx 500 square feet studio apartment in the city in a few months. Unfortunately, I cannot afford an apartment with a bedroom where I'll be working soon in the fall. I live in a space almost double the size now, so my free roaming bunny and I need to adjust!

If anyone lives in a small space, advice would be appreciated.
1. How do you store supplies (bedding, hay mainly?)
2. Since I will be in the same room as bunny, what are ways to have her prevent me from waking up? Do I need to put her in a cage at night? I did have her in my room before and occasionally her hay munching woke me up lol.

I also think that is just mean to put her in the bathroom. :(

I share a 110 square foot room with my bun. I keep food in an airtight container and hay in a rubbermaid bin with lid. All the rabbit supplies is kept at the bottom of my closet. When I sleep or am away from home he is in his cage. So far he hasn't woken me up at all, but I'm not a light sleeper.

I am in a very small space with my bunny. I’m still organizing the space, but I’m planning on putting a small shelving unit next to his cage for his items.

Bunnies are supposed to be most active at dusk and dawn, but so far he’s also been getting up and running around his cage at least once at night. I’ve been removing loud items at night (i.e. metal dish, ball with bell), but he still will run and try to dig, especially when the sun is coming up. I think keeping him on the opposite side of the room from you might be a good idea. I also have a fan going near my bed, when helps cover up noise.

I had this same dilemma with our previous family rabbit and my current rabbit! After testing different locations for both of them, what I would recommend is placing food and bedding in a secure location such as inside a cabinet or on top of a tall object (refrigerator, bookshelf, dresser, etc).

And I understand your problem with noise! My Thumper chews at his boxes and plays seemingly all night, and if it wasn't for the fan that I have, I would have gone insane! So what I suggest is 1) getting a fan and having it on at night to counter the noise, 2) playing some sort of music on a device while you fall asleep (to also counter noise), or 3) putting them in a cage at night if the previous options aren't possible or don't work!

Latest posts

Back