Maybe the rabbit god ascended instead? Liu Erlong

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Look who appeared out of nowhere. I'm not ready for a new rabbit. It's far too soon for me. But when a three legged mixed youngling appears out of nowhere, and it's not a cotton tail, you can't leave it be. Her name was Hubert. Not fitting for a spayed female. So we changed it to Liu Erlong. Erlong or Liu for short. Since she's a disabled rabbit still recovering from a spay, she is confined to my work area of the bedroom. Since Xiao Wu is already an established queen of the house, she gets the rest of the room.

I'm not really ready for a new bunny since I just lost Shen. But a rabbit, whom nobody wants because she's different, needs a forever home. Who is to say I shouldn't heed the call? There will never be a replacement to my Shen baby, just like my cats and dogs. Each hold a special place in my heart. But my heart is big and there is room for more.

We don't know her breed, likely a mix. Her fur is orange, she's no bigger than Shen was, and I think her attitude is like his, too. Once she's calmed down and know she's not going to be dumped at the shelter again like times before, we'll know her true personality. Besides, her hormones need time to chill.

IMG_20211027_211111392.jpg

IMG_20211027_213750497.jpg

Bless your heart for taking this one in, especially when things are so raw after losing Shen. She’s a gorgeous, lucky little thing. I’m looking forward to reading about her adventures as she grows 💕

Bless your heart for taking this one in, especially when things are so raw after losing Shen. She’s a gorgeous, lucky little thing. I’m looking forward to reading about her adventures as she grows 💕
I look forward to see her grow. Like we did with Shen and Xiao Wu. Erlong is only 2.4 pounds, so she's underweight. But she does know how to use the litter box, probably from the foster family before left at the shelter again, and she has taken to the water bowl pretty well. Here's to a happier future for her and a new friend for Xiao Wu, once Xiao Wu finally chills out long enough to get bonded.

How did you find her? Were you just browsing the Internet one day?
Our local humane society has a website that we browse randomly just to go "AWE". More like my husband does. We noticed her on there last week and commented on how adorable she looked. We didn't know, at the time, that she's a tripod bunny. The pictures they take of these poor things are not the best, to say the least.

I do browsing too sometimes. You definitely are right about the photos those place take though, sometimes I wonder whose taking them...

It's great that you rescued another bunny. You will have to tell us what mischief she gets into once she gets more comfortable with you guys! I hope the bonding process goes smoothly once the two are ready~

I hope the bonding process goes smoothly once the two are ready~
Me too. We're doing the same thing we did with Shen and Xiao Wu. Have them in the same room, getting used to each other's smell. Only I have to turn my work area into a whole new section of the bedroom because they're both female and highly aggressive toward each other.

Latest posts

Back