may have an emergency

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butsy

Reaction score
ok so i ordered these treats online, they were supposed to be great for rabbit teeth. i got the treats, they were blue and green, the size of cereal. and they smelled like mint no joke !!!, i gave her few, she loved them. then my mom made me realise those cannot be good for her, so i out them were all her treats are, a box ontop of he cage. yesterday i didnt come home all day. when i got home last night, she go to the threats ( no idea how ) and she ate THE WHOLE BAG. thats notthe worst part, her poop is BLUE.and i mean blueee. im really worried! i gave her some food this morning, she ate a bit of lettuce and celery. didnt touch her pellets yet. should i be concerned? please helpppp.

cant take pics because i dont have a camera with me !

there are A LOT of ingredients, the brand tho is kaytee forti-diet pro health. i am starting to think these treats have ben discontinued? i am on the kaytee's website and these treats are no wheres to be found ? here are the ingredients :
ground oat hulls, dehulled soybean meal, ground wheat, ground oats, wheat middlings, soy oil, dried cane molasses, decalcium phosphate, ground flax seed, tetrasodium pyrophosphate, sodium bisolphate, titanium dioxide, salt, DL-methionine, choline chloride, ground corn, vitamine A, vitamine E, vitamine B12, mixed tocopherols ( a preservative), source of vitamine C, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, calcium carbonate, riboflavin, yucca schidigera, manganous oxide, copper sulfate, menadione sodium, bislfite complex, niacin, rosemary, citric acid, vitamin D3, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, calcium iodate, folic acid, biotin, cobalt carbonate, sodium selenite, dried A, source of protease, dried bacillus, lichenformi fermentation product, dried bacillus subtillis fermentation product, artificial color, natural flavor.

oufff. reminds be of chemistry lol...

shes acting weird. i just let her out of her cage, usually she plays with the dog and runs around and stuff and today she is hiding undr the couch ..

Once its in...its in...
The good news is you know she's passing them just fine! :D

No more treats for a while...she is well over her quota...even for a piggy bunny! :)

Make sure she has lots of hay and water.
Just watch her over the next day or so to be sure she doesn't develop diarrhea or stasis...today is Wednesday...and she is already pooping them out...so by tomorrow night if all is still well you should be OK!

I'd find a different place to "hide" her treats... :D

thankssss. i feel sooo much better !!!, i was so worried. poor butsy ! yeah i just found a drawer for all her treats :p thank you so much for replying :)

shes acting weird. i just let her out of her cage, usually she plays with the dog and runs around and stuff and today she is hiding undr the couch ..
If you have Ovol (simethicone drops) I'd give her about 1ml just to be on the safe side. Bunns hunch up when they have gas...if you dose her now it'll help keep things moving along!

Just keep an eye on her today...nothing to do but wait and see.

Ovol is the one thing I always keep in my bunn first aid kit...every bunn should come with a free bottle! ;)

She may have a sore tummy and a bit of gas from the treats...the main thing is...even though she is sore...she needs to keep moving. Moving around will help keep her GI tract moving...try to see if you can tempt her with some greens.
A nice warm place to lie down and some tummy massages will help as well.

If you get the chance to pick up Ovol today I highly recommend it...whenever our kids get sick...pretty much with anything the first thing I do is dose them with Ovol.
Sickness or injury causes stress, which causes gas, which can lead to stasis...so I Ovol first and then go from there! :)

I hope she feels better!

thats not a very big bag and if u had to pick a bunny treat that ur bunny would gorge himself on this one is wayy better then most of them...he prob has gas like Danielle said ..id really try to get some simethicone in him if i were you....just in case.i still cant believe hes pooping blue...but atleast it is coming out..:)..sorry it took so long to respond after i asked u a question and u listed EVERY ingredient...:)..

blue i still cant believe it...hehe

blue... lol, the color is nothing to worry about, and since she's passing them it shouldn't be a problem either. it takes 12 hours for a bunny to pass something through it's system. if bunny is still not acting right in the next day or 2 then go see a vet. as i said it takes a bit for food to go through, so maybe it's a tummy ach that's making bunny not want to play?? kinda like when a kid eats too much candy (especially around Halloween lol)

Latest posts

Back