Max's new home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bunnicula wrote:
Basil (Redwall characters)

Major (continuing with a military theme)

Dandelion (Watership Down characters)

Zephyr

Velvet, Velveteen, or Velour (he's soooooooooo soft)

Catnip (he may need to nip one of our 10 cats one of these days :biggrin2:)
Those are ALL great names, but I think you'll have to use Basil he was one of my all time FAVORIT charectors form Redwall. I also like Matimao (I can't spell, but Mathais's son) all of the badgers, all of the hares, Martin of corse :p, and Queen Sparra. I wish that the writer would write more!!!! I read all of them in 4 & 5th grade they are AWSOME!!!!! I might have to reread them now that I thought about them again. I hope some one makes them into a movie, that'd rock!!! :cool:

TK Bunnies wrote:
Bunnicula wrote:

Zephyr

Those are ALL great names, but I think you'll have to use Basil he was one of my all time FAVORIT charectors form Redwall. I also like Matimao (I can't spell, but Mathais's son) all of the badgers, all of the hares, Martin of corse :p, and Queen Sparra. I wish that the writer would write more!!!! I read all of them in 4 & 5th grade they are AWSOME!!!!! I might have to reread them now that I thought about them again. I hope some one makes them into a movie, that'd rock!!! :cool:

Yeah, Martin the Warrior is another name we were considering.

I am a Redwall fanatic (obviously where Gingivere got her name). There was supposed to be a new book out this year: Eulalia! But it hasn't come out yet. I wish it would. I was introduced to the books by some of my students, and love them even as an adult. They are so well written. I especially love his description of foods...and THE DIBBUNS!!!....and molespeak...and the angry little Guosim shrews...and EVERYTHING!

Some of my other fave characters were Ferdy & Cogs (the hedgepigs in prison with Gingivere), Sunstripe, Nimbalo the Slayer (little mouse with a big attitude from Taggerung)...

Oh, heck...everything about those books and all the characters are awesome. There is an animated Redwall movie - think it's an hour long. There was a TV series which I believe aired in the UK. I wish there would be a series of movies.

Have you ever read any of the Warriors series by Erin Hunter? Great cat animal-fantasy books. Not as intense or on as high a reading level as the Redwall books, but a lot of fun!

Oh...now all I've gone and done is think of other possible names.

I may name him STRESS after all of this (lol)!

Bunnicula wrote:
TK Bunnies wrote:
Bunnicula wrote:

Zephyr

Yeah, Martin the Warrior is another name we were considering.

I am a Redwall fanatic (obviously where Gingivere got her name). There was supposed to be a new book out this year: Eulalia! But it hasn't come out yet. I wish it would. I was introduced to the books by some of my students, and love them even as an adult. They are so well written. I especially love his description of foods...and THE DIBBUNS!!!....and molespeak...and the angry little Guosim shrews...and EVERYTHING!

Some of my other fave characters were Ferdy & Cogs (the hedgepigs in prison with Gingivere), Sunstripe, Nimbalo the Slayer (little mouse with a big attitude from Taggerung)...

Oh, heck...everything about those books and all the characters are awesome. There is an animated Redwall movie - think it's an hour long. There was a TV series which I believe aired in the UK. I wish there would be a series of movies.

Have you ever read any of the Warriors series by Erin Hunter? Great cat animal-fantasy books. Not as intense or on as high a reading level as the Redwall books, but a lot of fun!

Oh...now all I've gone and done is think of other possible names.

I may name him STRESS after all of this (lol)!

Oh I was jsut on the Redwall website and read about the new book!!! i can't wait to read it!!! I remeber the TV series, it aired on PBS in the US in like, 2002 or something. It was one of the reasons I was interested in Redwall when I was told to read the book by my aunt. I didn't know about the movie though, is it any good?

OMG!!!! I can't belive I forgot about the shrews!!!! They were one of the best parts!!!! Oh and the mole spech is great!!! But nothing beats the hare's songs. I laugh every time. I wish I could remeber one!!!

Which was your fav. book out of the series? I think mine were Matimaio and Marl the Fox. Those were good. Redwall was also good.

I've never read any of the Warriors series. I might have to check it out.

Hmmmmmmmm..... a bunny named Stress, it works. :pThe only problem is that if you call out "come here stress, you'll sudenly have your boss knocking on your door. ;)LOL.

Oh he's just gorgeous tho! Look at those cute spots by his nose and on his butt!!!! Mini-rex are the "velveteen" rabbits! I just love to snuggle Bo and feel his fur! Be sure to watchhis hocks for getting sore - they sure can be sensitive but if you watch - they are fine.

I just told some people how I was "given" a BOB lilac english spot, a lion head and another rabbit that did well at the fair - and turned them down. I also looked and said "NO!" to several rabbits and a little boy Palomino. Then, the lady brought out Heidi - and something just made me almost lose my breath! She was mine (errrr the kids'!!) she had to come with me! (us lol ) When it's right - it happens and we know.

ALSO - are we sure he's a mini-rex? his ears are very strong and big - Bo's ears arevery pliable..... could he be rex?

NewBunny.max008.jpg

Uhhh - I just read the rest of the thread and dear - you must name him Sandingomm

Call him Sandy for short...... that was Gingivere's mate in Watership down (I did a search cause I knew that was where the name came from! lol)

TK Bunnies wrote:
Oh I was jsut on the Redwall website and read about the new book!!! i can't wait to read it!!! I remeber the TV series, it aired on PBS in the US in like, 2002 or something. It was one of the reasons I was interested in Redwall when I was told to read the book by my aunt. I didn't know about the movie though, is it any good?

OMG!!!! I can't belive I forgot about the shrews!!!! They were one of the best parts!!!! Oh and the mole spech is great!!! But nothing beats the hare's songs. I laugh every time. I wish I could remeber one!!!

Which was your fav. book out of the series? I think mine were Matimaio and Marl the Fox. Those were good. Redwall was also good.

I've never read any of the Warriors series. I might have to check it out.

Hmmmmmmmm..... a bunny named Stress, it works. :pThe only problem is that if you call out "come here stress, you'll sudenly have your boss knocking on your door. ;)LOL.

That's a tough one. I think many of the early books were my favorites. Oh, and Taggerung. I love that one because of the mouse, Nimbalo the Slayer. Little critter - BIG attitude. I am thinking that I need to reread them all. But there are so many other books out there...and so little time. I might have to retire so I can read (and cuddle kitties & bunnies) all day and night. ;)

Just wanted to let you all know...he's got a name that has stuck.

Our boy is CAPTAIN SNOW. He seems to like the name. All is going well with him. I take him to the vet late Thursday night for an exam, and if all is well (which I envision being the case) he'll stay overnight and have his neuter on Friday.

I am so anxious for him to get to know Gingivere. They have seen eachother through cage bars. No aggression at all. Slight interest, but that's it.

Once he's home for recovery, I'll be moving his house next to hers to see how that pans out. Then once the hormones are quited, we'll try the bonding process. I am excited but frightened, as Gingi has shown aggression to select other rabbits in the past. But she's also had a buck love before...so perhaps Capt. Snow will be her dream bun. I'd really like to see her get a second chance at love in her senior years.

-Mary Ellen

YAYY!! Wonderful name, especially because he looks like he's got a moustache...so a captain he certainly looks! :D

Welcome home, Captain Snow! :D

Captain Snow is a wonderful bunny with a nice name! He looks so soft and cuddly, I adore rexes. I hope Gingivere (I love that name BTW) thinks he's her dream bunny. I keep watching Gingi flick by in your avatar and she's so sweet, they would be cute together. Can't wait for more updates on Captain Snow!

naturestee wrote:
Greetings, Captain Snow! Ready for you new command? I hear she's a heartbreaker!

Greetings, Angela. I am quite prepared for whatever lies ahead. I am curious, cautious, and QUICK!

I've seen Queen Gingivere, and am anxious to serve as Captain in her Owsla guard. (I do hope you're familiar with Watership Down.) I will be in charge of keeping the warren here at Bunnicula's Castle in tip-top order. Defense against intruding humans and errant kitty-slaves will be my main tasks. However, I do believe that I'll have some free time to romance the royalty.

I'm a bit concerned with this "neutering" everyone keeps mentioning. I do hope it doesn't interfere with my buckly charm.

Give my best to the Whitebutts, will you?

Ever at your service,

CaptainSnow

Now don't you worry, Captain! This "neuter" thing actually makes you more attractive to the ladies!;):D

And yes, as an official Bunny Slave I am quite familiar with Watership Down.:cool:

Latest posts

Back