Matting!!! Oh No!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look into your spca. Some of them do low cost spay neuter. Also keep on mind rabbits can become pregnant while they are pregnant. It happend to me. The first two rabbits i ever was guardian to, i got them off kijiji. I was told they were brothers. After bunnyproofing my house, i let them loose. I was told they were unnueterd and thought the humping was a dominace thing. I booked appointments for the next week for them to be neuterd and three days later babies. I seperated them into 2 different rooms until the brother was nueterd and a month later she gave birth to a second litter of kits. I was told by my local bunny vet that rabbits can become pregnant in the days before birth and some vets belive they are even capable of storing semen for a short period of time.

Look into your spca. Some of them do low cost spay neuter.

Rabbit.org can help you look up some rabbit savvy vets in your area and they may be able to refer you

I am also looking for a cheaper option rang a few vets prices between 130 and 180 per head, on my local SPCA they say that it could be about 20 for dogs but nothing about rabbits. I'll try to call them too, thanks for advise

Just curious, how big were the Flemmies kits? Good thing it was the doe who weighed more. It would be scary if it was the other way around. I haven't seen rabbits do this, but definitely seen dogs mate that are nowhere near close in size. When the other poster was asking if they 'fell over', it reminded me of my little Holland lop x lionhead. He wasn't fixed when I first got him and he would hump anything and everything. Quite often it would be my arm! I would try to calmly explain to him that I was his MOMMY and he shouldn't be doing those rude things to me, so I got him a stuffed giraffe. That poor giraffe got a lot of pounding! One day I was cooking in the kitchen, he was in the living room playing with Henrietta (the giraffe), and I suddenly hear the loudest squeal! I was so scared! I thought he must have caught his foot in something, it was so loud. I ran in, and looked, and he was on his back. The giraffe was lying beside him, and I realized he'd just been delirious with pleasure! I bought him a cat tent and put Henrietta in there. When I had company over, they would be telling me how cute he was and how tame, when he would hop into his tent and it would start rocking and shaking all over the living room rug. :) Thanks for reminding me. <3
That's too funny, thank you :)

Just wondering is that really that much hassle for you, except of finding good new families for the kits? And 2 weeks of feeding buying some extra pellets, which can be expensive. When I adopted Leo he was 8 weeks and there are very nice people he lived with they said they had to buy 2kg Burgess pellets every day to feed them all, mother rabbit and 6 kits, as they gave away their father immediately when they were born, until then they thought that they are both females. That's pretty expensive really but I understand that's only after 6th week when they can eat pellets until when they are 8 weeks old and can be adopted. Hay is not that expensive, but they used also pellets for the toilet also not very cheap. But hey, you are getting 6 little bunnies so much excitement and this is a great chance to make some new friends with people who wants to adopt them. What exactly you have to do, I thought that their mom would take care of them and train to use the toilet and all. Please enlighten me :)

I have my grey lop Smokey for 5 weeks now, she was sold to me as a boy and people were not very honest so not sure about her age but think she's about 3 months now. After I realizes that she's not a boy I thought that it actually quite possible if she pregnant, so now is 5 weeks and I can be sure she's not. I thought it's never too late to start worry just if I will see that she's nesting I will take steps get her a box etc. She'd have a lovely kits I believe, interesting that both her parents were white-black butterfly lops, but they had four kits 2 black, one like the parents and one bluish-grey my Smokey. She's extremely pretty :)

Mama but thanks Cost is having them fixed is not the issue my male is 7 years old and my female is an REW. Vet said it is a bigger risk with female due to REW
but my male being 7 it can be risky due to his age. This is Why they are kept 100 percent apart. this happened because after cleaning and returning her to her cage , while the male ran around I neglected to tightly lock her cage and he got in why o caught them so fast I was right there lol. They take turns being loose and which has worked well for last year. I surly will learn a lesson from this one

Look into your spca. Some of them do low cost spay neuter. Also keep on mind rabbits can become pregnant while they are pregnant. It happend to me. The first two rabbits i ever was guardian to, i got them off kijiji. I was told they were brothers. After bunnyproofing my house, i let them loose. I was told they were unnueterd and thought the humping was a dominace thing. I booked appointments for the next week for them to be neuterd and three days later babies. I seperated them into 2 different rooms until the brother was nueterd and a month later she gave birth to a second litter of kits. I was told by my local bunny vet that rabbits can become pregnant in the days before birth and some vets belive they are even capable of storing semen for a short period of time.

I have my grey lop Smokey for 5 weeks now, she was sold to me as a boy and people were not very honest so not sure about her age but think she's about 3 months now. After I realizes that she's not a boy I thought that it actually quite possible if she pregnant, so now is 5 weeks and I can be sure she's not. I thought it's never too late to start worry just if I will see that she's nesting I will take steps get her a box etc. She'd have a lovely kits I believe, interesting that both her parents were white-black butterfly lops, but they had four kits 2 black, one like the parents and one bluish-grey my Smokey. She's extremely pretty :)
Because I end up keeping them
Lol especially this time of year. I can’t stand the rehoming if animals you make a commitment second you bring them home and I would be afraid of that

Latest posts

Back