Matcha and Mochi’s baby buns are now 2 weeks old!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mochibuns

Reaction score
Happy new year everyone and everybuns! Matcha and Mochi’s babies are now 2 weeks old and i have noticed that they started nibbling on their hay beddings already. Is this okay? Also, when can i get Matcha spayed considering she just gave birth 2 weeks ago? Thank you!

oh can we see pictures? It should be okay for the bunnies to eat the hay. I would wait for maybe a month or two afterward? Probably wait for the babies to be weaned.

This is when they do start to nibble on hay and then will gradually start trying out their mom's food and water once they are able to crawl out of their nest. At this point you'll want to clean out the next box if you haven't already, and try and save as much of the clean and dry bedding and fur as possible. Then either remake the nest if they aren't trying to crawl out yet, or if they are consistently trying to get out, I would either make sure they have a step to be able to get in and out, or turn the nest box on it's side and put a layer of hay on the bottom of them to snuggle up in. Also all of their eyes should be open by 14 days.

You'lll have to wait until the babies are completely weaned before you can get her spayed. So in about 4-6 weeks, depending on if she decides herself to wean them early, but if she doesn't then it's preferable to keep the with mom until at least 8 weeks old and start weaning them around 7-8 weeks old.

Thank you so much for the responses! Yes the baby buns are starting to walk around the nest box and opening their eyes! I have already cleaned their nest too. Thank you very much! Here is a picture of the babies from last friday ✨

Attachments

• 298FB639-FDB1-40BD-B0D5-033C0303E289.jpeg
    298FB639-FDB1-40BD-B0D5-033C0303E289.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back