mastitis?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
Yuki has not been feeding her kits well despite always feeling lumpy. Today they seemed even hungrier than before and so I flipped yuki over to try putting a kit on her. The kit didn't seem to be able to get anything despite yuki having 2 large lumps. I started feeling around and the 2 lumps are very very hard. I cannot squish them or move them at all. I tried to take a pic but it was hard to get the camera far enough way to not wash out the pic with the flash.

You can see the pink that is the lump just below my fingers and the nipple is at the top in the black spot of fur
DSCN0130.jpg

Normal or not normal? Kits are just short of 3weeks old. I'm debating whether I should pull them completely or not. I tried offering some formula but they weren't interested despite acting hungry. I got one to eat some pellets soaked in formula and it was more active last night.

It's hard to say. I had a condition like this about a month ago and it turns out the doe was just a really heavy milker. Hopefully someone else will have some suggestions.

a lump like that, I wouldn't call it Mastitis. WHen I had mastitis in the past it looked like she was full of milk and they were many harder mamory glands. I had to wean my English spot litter at 3.5 weeks old due to momma's mastitits. She had a couple antibiotic shots and it cleared right up within a couple of weeks.

Well the lump goes across half her body and there is another. I managed to get white goo of cottage cheese consistency out of the nipples and I think some blood from that larger lump so definitely looking like mastitis.

Latest posts

Back