"Marley and Me"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassetluv

Reaction score
I went to see this movie on Christmas day with my son and his girlfriend. I admit I was apprehensive when I watched the trailer and saw that Owen Wilson was cast as one of the main characters; I sort of thought he wouldn't suit the story. However, I have to say it was very well done, he did quite a good job with his role, and the storyline stayed quite true to the book itself.

For anyone who plans on going to see it, all I will say is this: Bring a ton of tissues...

OMG!

i read the book!!!!!!!!!!!!!

, i cryed. it was a week after i lost my bunny....

so sad, i am so going to see it when it comes to ireland.

It's SAD?! Really? I didn't know it was supposed to be a sad movie.

A friend and I contemplated going last night, but we ended up going to "Yes Man" (which was HILARIOUS by the way).

Sad part is at the end...the movie itself is very funny overall, tho. :)

*Glad to hear that 'Yes Man' is good, as I've been contemplating seeing that one too (as well as 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button' and 'Seven Pounds').

I can't wait to see Marley & Me! My neighbour just lent me the book a few weeks ago. Sadly, it's not up here yet. The poster was there, but now it's gone. I suspect all the cancelled flights from Vancouver has someting to do with it.

~Diana

I went and saw that movie on Friday night. I wish i had read that warning to bring tissues! The whole cinema was crying by the end. It definently made me look differently at my dog when i got home. (She's almost 15years old and a Husky/black lab mix) I mean i loved the book and it didn't make me cry nearly as much as the movie did. I'm not a big Owen Wilson/Jennifer Aniston fan, but they did really good in this movie.

Blaze_Amita wrote:
I went and saw that movie on Friday night. I wish i had read that warning to bring tissues! The whole cinema was crying by the end. It definently made me look differently at my dog when i got home. (She's almost 15years old and a Husky/black lab mix) I mean i loved the book and it didn't make me cry nearly as much as the movie did. I'm not a big Owen Wilson/Jennifer Aniston fan, but they did really good in this movie.

It was the same here...at the end of the movie when they were rolling the credits, all you could hear was muffled sobs and sniffling throughout the theater. I've never found it so hard to not cry at a movie before (and I lost that fight). I knew it would affect me deeply, as my dog (designated the second-worst dog in the world, second only to Marley ;)) is now 12 and she and I are extremely connected to one another; have been from the day we first crossed paths (if ever you hear of people with strong soul connections...my dog and I have that. We even *recognized* one another upon meeting). I can't bear the thought of one day losing her...not sure how I would ever handle it.

I too thought the casting a bit odd, but changed my mind after seeing it. Wonderful movie.

Bassetluv wrote:
...as my dog (designated the second-worst dog in the world, second only to Marley ;)) is now 12 and she and I are extremely connected to one another; have been from the day we first crossed paths (if ever you hear of people with strong soul connections...my dog and I have that. We even *recognized* one another upon meeting). I can't bear the thought of one day losing her...not sure how I would ever handle it.

My 17 year old loves our dog Charlie (who, by the way, is one seriously rotten dog also!) the same way. He's talking about saving some DNA so he can have the dog cloned some day. Seriously.

I've been trying to remind him that coping with death is just part of life. A very hard part, but necessary...

Latest posts

Back