Marking Territory...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdith4him

Reaction score
Nibbles and Junie have their NIC cages set up next to each other. They're not bonded and won't be (most of you know that we tried and it didn't work!). When we let Nibbles out of his cage, he has to go past her cage to get to the main part of our apartment that he can run around in. He frequently stops and sniffs around her area (and nips at her through the bars if she ventures over toward him). Sometimes he'll leave poops around her area, which I assume is just him marking his territory. Annoying, but not a big deal. Every now and then, though, he'll pee. Which is more than annoying.:vacuum:

Is there any way to get him to stop doing this?? I'd move her stuff elsewhere, but there's not really a whole lot of "elsewhere" to move her.

Any suggestions :?

If you switched their areas, would that mean that she would go by his area but he won't go by hers any longer? Maybe that would help.

However, I can't guess what will happen when Junie's new friend [per another topic] is added to the mix.

Sometimes neutering doesn't "fix" everything. Ours still chin like crazy and leave their little calling cards anywhere that another has done the same. Why we have a large shop vac nick named "the poop sucker 2002". Also why I call them "Ratbutts" instead of Rabbits.

There's still that resentment that Nibbles has against Junie, that's why the nips and pee marking. Even though he's neutered. Some are just like that. Nothing you or Junie did, it just is. Maybe when Junie is gone temporarily, you won't see it, but have to agree with Orlena, the dynamics of your rabbits is going to change when the new guy gets there.

You will have to see how Nibbles reacts with Junie then and the new guy before you can even start trying to stop the pee marking.

Wish I could be of more help. But until the bunnies are all together, you won't know how they will all react. Hoping they all settle down quickly.

K

Latest posts

Back