Marking Edges of Playpen

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittiebot

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am having issues with my bun Buttons marking the edges of her playpen when I let her out. I currently have 3 buns in seperate cages, all de-sexed, but each day one bun comes out to play in the center of the living room. I attach a xpen to their cage and they use the center of the living room as a play area. The other two are perfect with their litter habits, but not Buttons. She was spayed 3 weeks ago but is still making little pee marks all over the center of the living room when she is out playing in her xpen. When she is in her cage she uses her litter box perfectly.

Will this stop once her hormones are completley gone? I am verrrryyy sick of cleaning up pee and worry she has a bad habit that I won't be able to get rid of. :( If it won't stop I'm going to have to come up with some other solution!

Give her time. Hormones take 2 months to disappear after a spay/neuter, so I would guess she is still feeling hormonal marking urges, especially with the smell of the stranger bunnies around her play area. She is just being a typical doe, extra cautious about protecting her territory in case she has kits one day. Bonding her to the other buns when her hormones have subsided should help reassure her about the other bunny smells.

Clean the area with white vinegar and they generally don't go there again. Make sure they have clear access to the hutch and maybe consider putting a litter box in the xpen too so they have an extra place to go when they're playing.

Latest posts

Back