March is marching by and....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cher

Reaction score
I was curious as to how everyone is doing, bun-wise and person-wise now that spring is poking it's head around the corner.
I check in here now and then and wonder where the folks are, I remember Jim used to post each new month...but that has seemed to not happen in sooo long.
So say hello and fill us all in on how life has been going :wave:
xo lotsa bunluv
cher, jezebel and ben

Hey Cher!

My bunnies are doing really well. Zoey's eye is slowly healing and she and Mocha have been reunited. They are once again an inseparable couple.

I am doing well, besides being insanely busy. I cannot wait for this semester to be over. I'm very excited to be working for Suncor at a refinery for my work experience terms this time so that should be awesome experience for me! I can't wait for May!

I also have been on the look out for some pieces I will need for when I move out when I start working and I found the most adorable pieces that I couldn't resist...

IMG_0022-1.jpg

It's a bunny snack plate and salt and pepper shaker... which will be displayed on my counter top once I find an apartment, lol.

We had nice warm weather until spring came. Now we had nothing but cold and more snow today. I did see some geese flying over head heading north.

I am constantly having something to do. However, I am spending too much time at the shelter, it's been a tough week there (very sad). I may need a break from everything.

There is a rabbit display at Bonnie Doon put on by the EARS club (Edmonton Area Rabbit Society) on Saturday (the Easter Weekend). Also the Canadian Rabbit Hopping Club from Calgary will be performing at Fort Edmonton Park at the same time. I am a member of both clubs, so I am stretched in both directions.

Tina dropped by the other day, as Ghost of Christmas Past, a screenname she had used in a SLG thread so long ago. She couldn't access Dajeti2, but I re-set it up for her.

Unfortunately it wasn't until after she logged off that I realized her 'join' date was marked as 2007 and not 2004, so she couldn't view this forum.

I fixed it and hopefully she'll be back soon.

sas :bunnydance:

"Howdy", to all! :wave:

Please accept my apologies for being so negligent with my hosting duties.:baghead

The last few months have been quite hectic by me.:panic:

Family life has always been a circus, but even more so lately.:juggle
Ever been shot out of a cannon?!?:clown

Work has been crazy-busy. We started advertising a couple of months ago, and this is always one of our busy times of the year. I work for an educational company (kind of like tutoring), and with the school year almost over, the frantic parents are trying to find ways to get their struggling kids through the next few months.

The bunnies always seem to have something going on.
Chippy seems to be taking her cancer in stride. The tumor has gotten quite large, but she continues to be her happy-bouncy little self.
MooShu's fatty tumor on her shoulder is about the same. It doesn't seem to bother her at all, really. Her sight and hearing seem to have deteriorated quite a bit, but she just trundles along like always.
Tootsie injured one of her back legs somehow a few weeks ago, but seems to have mostly recovered.

Three of the buns (Toottsie, Binkie & Benji) haven't been eating their pellets as usual for the last week 10-12 days. Eating enough to get by and keep their GI moving, but not enough to keep me from worrying. They're eating plenty of hay, and NEVER refuse treats. I'm suspecting that the feed may be stale or somehow different than it has been. I realized that the first bag had no date code on it...the second bag has a good/current code, but the buns still kind of push it around in their bowl without eating about half.
I'm due for new feed this weekend and am hoping that the buns will find it acceptable. :sigh:

HOLY busy everyone!
wow MBB, you are a busy girl~good luck at the practicum! mine is just coming to an end this week. Sad to say good-bye to my clients with whom I have worked with for so long, some for the whole 8 months. I LOVE your bunny collectibles~hehe, I have a similar set of bunnies that our landlord had waiting in this apartment when we moved in last August but they are pink....Are you planning an after grad move out? SOO HAPPY to hear about Zoe's eye and of course, the reunion of her and Mocha. I can only imagine his disgruntlement without her.
And STAN! I think all the geese came here! OMY, I was used to seeing all the geese down by English Bay in Vancouver but seeing them here around the downtown core is just odd....I would have thought they would keep going all the way to BC, woke up to -9 here in Calgary.
AND it is SPRING (okay,well, it is suppose to be)
Self-care Stan...you gotta have some of that in order to keep your reserves full to share with the buns :)
Here is hoping your feed change worked Jim~wow I never realized what a HUGE bunny family you have, that is a full time job in itself. I can't believe you have yet another one! well, have no fear, I was just curious as to where your 'hosting' duties had gone, I was moreso worried something may have happened at bunland~ LOL seriously though, I am the LAST one to comment on your availability here. I poke in and out over the years.
came to depend on your happy monthly check ins, tiss all :)
Our bunny couple here never ceases to amaze me.
Jez had a bit of a flare-up, first time in months-so she was feeling a little under the weather.
As such, Benny has been dancing up a storm-couldn't figure out why he all of a sudden got these bursts of energy for the last 2 days. He runs out of the cage, binkies about 5-6 times in the middle of the living room floor and then runs back to her in the cage and licks her head-as if to say "see, now come out and play"
Bunnies really are a joy! She is nibblin on her kibble again and came out this morning when her 'dad' came in the room (he is the treat bearer)
anyhoodles! Happy April all..
xo cher

Pet_Bunny wrote:
I am spending too much time at the shelter, it's been a tough week there (very sad).

Welcome to Alberta! :D The weather can change just like that. Just like the song "Four Strong Winds", the wind is blowing very cold over here. I'm leaving my snow tires on for a few more weeks. :shock:

It was a sad time at the shelter when we took all the rabbits from a hoarder in Edmonton. Everyone was just overwhelmed by the amount of rabbits and was sad to see so many that were sick and injured. Even the Vets cried. One staff wasplanning to adopt a baby with no ears, but it died a few days later. The total number was not final, because there were so many pregnant bunnies that were still giving birth. Every situation, is a learning process for the shelter. Fromanother masssurrender (a different one)in November, where 34 rabbits in a bus were taken. They had the snuffles with caked eyes and noses, it took a great time and effort to care for them. I fostered 3 of those, and I knew how difficult it was. So the shelter decided to put all these 600+ rabbits down. They didn't want to take the chance to infect the regular and healthy rabbits already at the shelter, and they didn't want to people adopt sick rabbits, and most of all they want to send a message to the hoarders and the courts that itis a very serious matter.

I also lost one of my fosters (Lucky Star). She was put down, when the staff didn't have time for her.She was in an isolation room being labeled as "Snuffles" and became cage aggressive and started to bite the staff and theywere afraid to handle her.

It was difficult to keep everything quite, and with the court case, it is still hard to talk about it.

Latest posts

Back