Marbles & Mocha

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tailof2rabbits wrote:
I don't know what it's going to take to make them both happy at the same time.
A miracle and/or being able to bend over backwards ;).

It's great that Mocha is coming around. How about re- litter training them so they can be out more, and maybe stop Marbles from rattling his cage?

Jan

Wow....way to go on going to the CEO of the company! That is AWESOME!!!

Too bad YOU couldn't supply to the rabbit owners in your area...buy stuff cheap - store it in a shed or something and then sell on Saturday mornings or something...

That woman may have raised rabbits - but she doesn't LOVE rabbits....that makes the difference!

Peg

Thanks, everyone. Maybe I'm just PMS-ing but I feel overwhelmed, in a good way. Everyone's been so kind and helpful here at RO. I just read some posts at the Buck Jones thread and it's making me tear up. I wish I met him.

Peg, I thought about it but I don't think it's going to work out because I only know 7 owners and one breeder. :D I've also considered importing rabbits to start my own rabbitry but I don't have the heart to subject bunnies to the plane ride. Who knows how they'd be handled.

Mocha's binky-ing all over the place. I haven't seen her do a 180 yet. Marbles did that a whole lot when he was younger. They just do a half-binky (is there such a thing?) mid-air now. They'd run really fast, fly, binky, and then continue running.

Marbles is happy about getting more access to the kitchen and the bedroom. (They're usually in their cages or on the bed when they're in the bedroom. Mostly because it's dusty 'neath the bed. Hehe.) He'd dash and binky off to either place and stay there for five minutes or so, and then he'd slowly inch his way out, peeking with a guilty look on his face. Hahaha. It's SO precious! And of course, mommy has to reassure him that it's okay now and he's still a good boy. :hug1

Jeff and I are both amazed at Mocha's progress. Yesterday, she kissed me without me asking for it. It was the longest she's ever held a kiss with me, and I didn't even ask for it. I cried so hard. I've been such a freakish crybaby lately. I'm going to cry again now. :disgust: That night, she nudged Jeff's ankle for a snuggle. It's incredible. Jeff also petted Marbles from outside her cage before we slept. When he stopped, she nudged his finger back up with her nose and put her head directly below it.

I'm just so happy right now.

cross-posted to rabbits only:

(Mocha's) such a sweetheart especially now that the two of us have compromised that i handle her less, but when I do, she has to like it. hehe. but no, seriously, she's such an adorable, sweet child. she'll follow me around and lick my feet and face and kiss me. but she nips. i don't think she realizes this hurts. she's doing it to me much, much less now but i saw her bite the corner of Marbles' eye while she was grooming him and i'm worried. especially when I noticed she punctured her own ear. there's a hole at the tip of her left ear. at first i thought ear mites but i tried lightly scratching it off to see the flesh... i realized it was a wound. what i was trying to get off was dried blood. not flakes. am i right? is that normal? (Marbles doesn't do that.) what should i do?

also, she's overgrooming her front paws. she's biting off fur. there are bald spots. it's freaking me out. i can see a finger exposed. :cry3

cc7b6b9a.jpg

her ears remind me of lop ears sometimes. maybe she's part mini lop? we have mini lops here. anyway, she's been so sweet lately. she traipsed off to the kitchen and found a stray piece of onion (I was dicing onions earlier that day). we're not sure whether she rubbed her face on it or licked it or ate it or all of the above, but she ended up smelling like onions for two days. it was so funny, we've taken to calling her Onion. her nicknames to date are: Princess, Mochalicious, Mocha Loca, Batchoy (Filipino term, meaning "chubby"), Bulingit (boo-LEE-ngeet; Filipino term, meaning cute, grubby little child), and Onion. :rofl:

[poor baby's been having on and off damp poop lately and in true bulingit fashion, she tries to clean it up and ends up with smears on the sides of her nose. (btw, how the heck do you clean that? i'm scared to try messing with that little button nose. might make things worse.) her alfalfa-based pellets' crude protein is at 16%... could that be why?]

It's been awhile. Things have been busy because mum's been preparing for the upcoming wedding.

Mocha hardly ever bites now. Her ears are lop-ish... she looks like a little kid imitating an airplane with one arm up and one arm down. Or a little diva raising an eyebrow. She's quite adorable. She licks me a lot now, and anticipates petting by lowering her head and sticking as much of it as she can out the cage bars. Hehe. She doesn't seem to be nipping Marbles anymore while grooming him so I'm feeling better about her tendency to overgroom. Hopefully, we'll kill the habit soon enough.

Marbles stomped at me for the first time ever. It got me into a bit of a funk because he was always the sweetheart. He was positioning his wee bunny butt by the side of his cage, ready to projectile pee. I clapped my hands and said no loudly. He looked at me and stomped. He wouldn't budge so I did it again. He stomped. Then he went to the middle of his cage, went on a stomping spree, and gave me the bunny butt. Oh well.

I was wondering where you've been! I missed Marbles and Mocha!

Sounds like Marbles is turning into a teen-bun. (I am SO not listening to parents!) How old is he now?

:wave2Glad you're back. Sounds like the roles have been reversed and Mocha is being the sweetheart now. At least you managed to stop Marbles from actually peeing :D. Perhaps he is feeling a little neglected and wants to get noticed - and lets face it, projectile peeing certainly gets you noticed !!!!:D

Jan

Hi! :wiggle They've been quite the handful. There's poop and pee flying everywhere.:nono

naturestee, hello!:wave2 Marbles is almost 4 months old now. I thought the worst of his teenage angst was over. But he's back to normal again now. It was just that one stomping incident :tantrum:, really.

Jan, thanks. :jumpforjoy: I've missed going through the threads and posting like a madman. Marbles doesn't sit on my red foot stool anymore. He just does his frog roadkill flops on the floor. I suppose because the tiles are cooler. They're both marking territories. I don't know why because they're really so sweet on each other. Everytime I wake up, there are puddles of pee surrounding their cages.
:woohoo

Marbles has now officially declared my red chairhis territory. He's moved on from the foot stool phase. Now he goes forthe real thing. :muscleman:

:sigh

I miss my lounge chair.

1.jpg

This would be the high king taking over my unbelievably comfortable redchair. It just sucks you right into la-la land, as wonderfullydemonstrated by this little fellow.

And because mommy is a little weird, she carefully placed the little girl right next to the little boy, inverted.

2.jpg

It took me five minutes to stop giggling and take the next picture.

3.jpg

Aww. It's luuurv.

4.jpg

Mocha: Crazy lady's at it again.
Marbles: Shh. Just ignore her. She'll go away soon enough.

5.jpg

Mocha: She's not leaving, is she.
Marbles: Aww, mooom! You're ruining my groove!

Oh, what a horrid typo.

This would be the high king taking over my unbelievablycomfortable red chair. It just stinks you right into la-la land,as wonderfully demonstrated by this little fellow.
:happydance
I meant to say "s u c k s"! Like, s u c k s you right into la-la land. :rofl:

They don't allow that word here, do they? It keeps changing to stinks.

Edit: Yep. They don't. :nod

mocha.jpg

:yawn

she outgrew her small plastic litter box so she's in transition till wefind a bigger one. she loves this shoe box so much, i can't switch herjust yet. she'll stay inside and peek during the day, checking up onme. or just stand there with her arms propped up on the sides of thebox. i just want to squish her! :hug:

oniongirl.jpg

Finally, a flopsy-ear shot. She hasn't nipped me in well over a month,I think. She's such a sweetheart now, always looking forward tobeing petted. It's amazing what you can do with patience and heaps oflove.

The two babies are happy. At the same time. Either I've learned how tobend over backwards without my knowing it or they've learned tocompromise. :wiggle Because they've always been incredibly spoiled, andI never really understood why one would be glum for a period of time.They're literally binky-ing all over the place. :bunnydance:

Mocha's bottom has been smelling quite sweet for almost a week now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is it.

Also, I've started introducing fresh veggies. Mocha is 3 months oldnow. Marbles, 4. They get diced carrots as treats. I'm thinking ofmaking this a weekly thing. Don't want them to get used to it. And,drumroll please... PARSLEY! Barron's Rabbit Handbook says it's ok butI'm feeding them minimal amounts, twice a day. They love it.:happydanceMommy's a hit with the babies!:yes:

It was so funny because that was Mocha's first fresh greens. (I fedMarbles some when he was little, when I was stupid and didn't knowbetter.) She was quite apprehensive at first but she realized it wasgood stuff, she dug in like an ol' pro.

Latest posts

Back