Marathon bonding.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alfihaer

Reaction score
At this point should I just jump into my marathon bonding? ( yes I have done this before. I know exactly what I doing. I just had them separated due to Cids nueter and such )

This is the 2nd day I've woken up and they aren't where they should be. Or well Cid. Yesterday Kupo was out of her pen free running while Cid was in her pen.

This morning woke up to some abnormal noises. Turns out Cid is in kupos pen but no fighting, tornading, some humping happening, kupo did nip his butt but otherwise fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211114-121348_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211114-121348_Gallery.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 8
If they seem to want to be together and there's no evidence of fighting or tension between them, I can't see the benefit of continuing to keep them apart and would just attempt to finish up their bonding. Provided both have been spayed/neutered for at least 4 weeks, and strictly supervising for the first day or two, then closely monitoring after that to make sure no issues arise.

https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/bonding-bunnies.html

If they seem to want to be together and there's no evidence of fighting or tension between them, I can't see the benefit of continuing to keep them apart and would just attempt to finish up their bonding. Provided both have been spayed/neutered for at least 4 weeks, and strictly supervising for the first day or two, then closely monitoring after that to make sure no issues arise.

Kupo has been spayed 3 years now, Cid a little under 4 weeks. Still presenting with hormonal male routine.

There really isn't fighting mostly just kupo nipping his butt once or twice. I'll see about having them together in the livingroom for a bit today after I get off of work.

Here is how it's going right now

Your dog is so patient with them😂
Oh all my animals thank God, otherwise I wouldn't trust him in there at all. I spent a whole lot of time working with small animals with him.

He even slept in my bedroom with me while kupo( the grey fluff) free roamed. They shared a bed.

Cid ( orange) just totally walks all over my German sheperd.

They seem perfectly comfortable with each other. That's not to say there won't be moments where they're still going to be sorting out their hierarchy. But that does look pretty good.

They seem perfectly comfortable with each other. That's not to say there won't be moments where they're still going to be sorting out their hierarchy. But that does look pretty good.
Cid is instigating with humping but we did just have to go on a car ride to my dad's so there was 0 issue with them in the carrier together ( kupo bloody loves car rides. I have no idea why but she absolutely must watch things from the window or i get some serious angry bunny thumps and grunts)

Cid is instigating with humping but we did just have to go on a car ride to my dad's so there was 0 issue with them in the carrier together ( kupo bloody loves car rides. I have no idea why but she absolutely must watch things from the window or i get some serious angry bunny thumps and grunts)
I am just waiting for some mutual grooming to happen. They had a groom me stand off

Oh all my animals thank God, otherwise I wouldn't trust him in there at all. I spent a whole lot of time working with small animals with him.

He even slept in my bedroom with me while kupo( the grey fluff) free roamed. They shared a bed.

Cid ( orange) just totally walks all over my German sheperd.
Our 17-18 year old cat is the same way. The bunny (10months) will follow her everywhere and when she gets tired of it she’ll bop him on the head with a paw. She never extends her claws when she bops him though (maybe she senses he’s a child in age compared to her)

Our 17-18 year old cat is the same way. The bunny (10months) will follow her everywhere and when she gets tired of it she’ll bop him on the head with a paw. She never extends her claws when she bops him though (maybe she senses he’s a child in age compared to her)

Both my cats currently are on the bop the rabbit phase where they react into the pens, boop them to steal a piece of hay to play with.

Dogs are 2, 6 years old.

Cats ( as the rabbits will likely come back with me to my dad's after I'm done watching my mom's place till August potentially September of next year) are 13,14x2,4 year old ( same age as kupo).and a unknown age

Kupo is 4 years old now and Cid is 7ish months old.

So far she has been grooming him, he has constantly and I mean constantly for the last 7 minutes attempted/humped her ( growling the whole time till I pulled him off getting a bit extreme such as grabbing hold of her fur on her face )

Entrapped in a small set up while I clean up the sheets and such to release them

Attachments

• 20211115_212424.jpg
    20211115_212424.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1
If he's still that hormonal still, I wouldn't recommend solidifying their bond yet then. Him trying to hump her incessantly, will lead to issues and could lead to a fight breaking out, which is the last thing you want happening. So as long as you're right there to break up anything and stop him from pestering her with the humping, then the supervised dates is what I would stick with for now. Then once his hormones settle all the way, they'll probably be ready to be together permanently.

If he's still that hormonal still, I wouldn't recommend solidifying their bond yet then. Him trying to hump her incessantly, will lead to issues and could lead to a fight breaking out, which is the last thing you want happening. So as long as you're right there to break up anything and stop him from pestering her with the humping, then the supervised dates is what I would stick with for now. Then once his hormones settle all the way, they'll probably be ready to be together permanently.
Sigh I hope soon, it'll be 5 weeks on the 17th since he was nuetered

Attempt 3 and 4. Little buggers are some how removing the clips off their cages and get into either cages together or kupo free running the livingroom

Latest posts

Back