Manhattan's Sneezing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meghan910

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I know, I haven't been on here inlikea million years, but Manhattan has just started sneezingthe other day. His nose is a little wet, he's been rubbing it everyonce in awhile, but it's clear. What should I do? Greatly appreciateit. Thanx.

Meghan

Hi Megham glad tosee you back , but wish it wasunder better circumstances ,

Like has been posted previously it couldbe snuffles OR it could be a wholehost of things fromsimple allergy to something lifethreatning , Best advice has been given ,please have a vet look at him and be surenothing is wrong, its alwaysbetter to pay for something nothing thanto pay for something heartbreaking.

Hey..thanx so much for your replies.

It's hard to tell with Manhattan 'cause the weather in New Jersey hasbeen really weird, like 90 degrees for a week and then now it's like70.He's a very chilled out rabbit, always laying around, veryvery mellow. He has a shorter coat now and isn't shedding asmuch. He's been eating...not as much, but I remember when I got him itwas summertime (a year on July 17th) that he didn't eat that much'cause it was so warm. Hisdrinking is very good,though.My vet doesn't have weekend hours, so if it's stillthe same, I'll call on Monday. I hate to have to wait so long.

Meghan

Meghan, Since we have moved house I have noticed bindy sneezes fromtime to time (something which she didn't do in our old house)

Have you changed something in the room in which Manhattan is? A new rugor something? Myabe just something for you to think about as well.

Bindy just gives out a sneeze every now and then, and for the past weekwe have had rain off and on so I'm thinking maybe it's that for us.

We haven't had rain like this for over 12 months so I amthinking there may be particles in the air floating round that arenormally not there(we are in a serious drought at the moment, have beenfor 3 years now and we finally are getting some rain close together) soI am tending to think the air is changing etc (pollens etc) as a lot ofhumans are getting colds and viruses as well.

I guess what i am trying to say is have a think about any new thingsyou may of introduced to Manhattans living area, food as well. When Ihave to get a different type of pellet for Bindy she sneezes a coupleof time as well.

It's definately something you should look into.

Goodluck and please let us know how you get along.

I use a drug called tylan50 to treat clear snotwith. Ifs its colored then its pasteurella. If its clear its more thenlikely something else. What i give is a about a 5th of a ccc(medication pullded back to the very first or second small blackline)shot right into the back of the neck. Its good against alot offorms of the snuffles, cept the colored snot. You can pick it up at tsctractor supply for about $12 a bottle. other then that if it dont worksee a vet.

I'm currently treating a show rabbit of mine that was sneezing clearsnot for the last couple of days. So far its cleared it right up.

dixonsrabbitry
do you know the maker of the product?

If you could tell me that'd be great,
Bindy doesn't actually sneeze any gunk out of her nose but it would be handy to know in case she ever did.

Thanks ;)

Thanks for that, I checked it out and wrote it down just in case, likeI said Bindy doesn't sneeze any gunk out of her nose but it's handy toknow about theses things just in case ;)

Latest posts

Back