Mamma Mia

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca

Reaction score
It didn't get a very good review but reviews sometimes lie - it was brilliant!

A really great film! I cried when Donna was singing The winner takes it all

:(

I love ABBA and no all the songs off by heart :biggrin2:

Anyone else watched it? If not go run along now GO SEE IT

I've seen it twice and was hoping to see it again this week - but I don't think that's gonna happen.

I keep complaining about how I can't get the songs out of my head - but it would help if I would stop listening to them on the cd in the car and on iTunes here at my computer....

OK, I admit it, I've always been a big ABBA fan since they won Eurovision in 1974 (OK, I know a lot of you weren't even born then :p).

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I did see the stage show and loved it. It's one of those feel good things that has you singing for days (weeks/months) later :D

Jan

I saw it this past weekend! I thought it was pretty good, but I've seen the stage show three times and nothing can beat that!If you ever get the opportunity, you should see thestage show. I've had The Best of ABBA CD playing in my car for about 2 weeks now :)

I just got back from watching the movie....for the third time.

I went because I'd had a rough morning and I needed to just relax and find a way to smile or laugh or something.

The more I watch the movie -the more I love it and the more I notice things...

Anyway - I was trying to pick out my favorite song / scene from the movie - I think hands down it is "SOS". I also love "Chiquita" and "Mama Mia".

I'm wondering - what scenes/songs did everyone else like?

I'm thinking about buying some other ABBA music on iTunes - I was never allowed to listen to music like that when I was growing up - although I did hear it sometimes on the radio....

I saw this last night!!!

I went with my 2 friends who had both seen it before, and wanted me to see it. They practically dragged me along lol...

I have to say, that I've never been an ABBA fan at all... :embarrassed:I mean, I like to sing along to the songs in a fun, party kind of situation, but I would never choose to listen to them on my iPod, for example.

20 minutes in I was sat there thinking 'what on earth am I doing? How can I get out of here?!!' - But then, I'm not used to watching musicals (films) at all- when someone said something, and the other person went to reply- I was so shocked when they burst into song lol!:?

But then, I started to really like it! It's really good fun, and so lighthearted, it would really cheer anyone up on a miserable day. Meryl Streep was brilliant, and she sings so well!

I have to say though, that Pierce Brosnan (sp?) just had me in stitches and literally cringing whenever he sang- I'm not sure that should be allowed lol!

Oh, and my main reason for seeing it? Colin Firth lol! Yes, I know I'm 24, and he's old enough to be my father lol, but there's just something about him... Ever since I saw him in Pride and Prejudice, and then Bridget Jones' Diary..... :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2: I :hearts Colin Firth!!

Overall, I really enjoyed it, and was so surprised that I did! I've only been to the cinema 4 times this year (the sounds and big moving pictures exacerbates my dizziness, to the point of nearly falling off my chair duing The Dark Knight), and I'm glad that this was one of the films I went to see :)

mouse_chalk wrote:
Oh, and my main reason for seeing it? Colin Firth lol! Yes, I know I'm 24, and he's old enough to be my father lol, but there's just something about him... Ever since I saw him in Pride and Prejudice, and then Bridget Jones' Diary..... :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2: I :hearts Colin Firth!!
You aren't kidding! Sigh...that man is just plain hot! He had me swooning in this movie. If I weren't married, I'd kidnap him and force him to become my love slave. LOL! Kidding of course. I :hearts:my hubby! But Colin Firth is a heart stopper!:thud:

EdieRabbitsMom wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
You aren't kidding! Sigh...that man is just plain hot! He had me swooning in this movie. If I weren't married, I'd kidnap him and force him to become my love slave. LOL! Kidding of course. I :hearts:my hubby! But Colin Firth is a heart stopper!:thud:
LOL! Same here! I have decided that my favourite bit of the film is when he gives Donna the cheque, and she tries to give it back, and he runs away saying 'no, you'll have to catch me first!' SO cute!:inlove::inlove::inlove:

mouse_chalk wrote:
EdieRabbitsMom wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
LOL! Same here! I have decided that my favourite bit of the film is when he gives Donna the cheque, and she tries to give it back, and he runs away saying 'no, you'll have to catch me first!' SO cute!:inlove::inlove::inlove:
That was great, but I also loved when he "spontaneously" jumped out of the paddle boat with that ridiculous orange life vest. Sigh....:heartbeat:

EdieRabbitsMom wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
EdieRabbitsMom wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
That was great, but I also loved when he "spontaneously" jumped out of the paddle boat with that ridiculous orange life vest. Sigh....:heartbeat:
:thud::thud::thud:Aaaahhhh.... I love that bit too! And when all the girls tied him up at the hen night scene..... Lucky girls lol!

I watched Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason last night.... I had to! :biggrin2: He is exactly twice my age but who cares lol! :p

Latest posts

Back