Malocclusion? (Pictures)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samara

Reaction score
So while grooming Pidge this afternoon I checked her teeth and noticed this:

PidgeTeeth.jpg

PidgeTeeth2.jpg

Her jaw is aligned as far as her chin lining up with her nose. Her top and bottom teeth don't meet; Dean wasn't pulling her jaws apart when the pictures were taken.

Her bottom teeth aren't flat across - they are pointed at the top like this:

PidgeTeeth1.png

I'm in the process of talking with her breeder now, but so far her genetic history is clear.

Her leg has a deformity as I've mentioned before; I'm wondering if they are related as much of a stretch as that seems? Maybe something in the shoulder threw the jaw off? Her jaw looks normal to me, but I could be wrong.

I had scheduled last week a physical for Pidge and Starling this month with our rabbit savvy vet, so that's already incoming. More details then, but can anyone shed some light or share experiences?

She seems to be eating just fine. Food isn't falling out of her mouth, and she isn't emaciated. I gave her a hard Oxbow barley treat after taking the pictures and she ate it without trouble.

Sammy, your best bet is to go see your Rabbit Savvy Vet. He/she will make sure you know what's going on, and give you the best advise for Pidge's teeth.

Let me know what goes on. Give her hugs from me.

K:)

Latest posts

Back