MALE RABBITS FIGHTING

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ISAC QUIN HOOER

Reaction score
My 2 male rabbits are constantly fighting and acting aggressive. both are NOT spayed/neutered. one of them is a father and the other one is a son. we currently having them live/sleep separately in different hutches and are letting them out at different times during the day. if you have any tips for keeping them together please let me know.

You cant keep them together until both are fixed otherwise your gonna end up with fighting and injure rabbits forever, once they are both neutered then you can start the bonding process by supervising them in a neutral territory for short amounts of time until they like eachother and cuddle eachother

thanks both of you for your reply. so spaying/neutering them will deal with there aggressive behavior towards each other?

thanks both of you for your reply. so spaying/neutering them will deal with there aggressive behavior towards each other?
I'm a novice and I don't have experience with this, but from what I've read, it's a start. You still have to wait 4-6 weeks for all the hormones to leave after fixing. And then you have to slowly start the bonding process which takes another few weeks to a few months, if it even works at all. Some rabbits will never bond.

@Space Monkey is correct that you need to go through the bonding process-- just neutering/spaying them will not make them get along, especially since they are already showing aggressive behaviors.

Please see the following for the recommendations and steps behind the bonding process: Bonding Archives | BinkyBunny

They need to be kept completely separate. Male rabbits can seriously injure and even kill each other. If you would like to attempt to bond them, like the others have mentioned, first they both need to be neutered, wait 6-8 weeks for hormones to completely fade, then go through the proper bonding process. But just be aware that there are no guarantees, especially since they have already been in fights, which can sometimes affect future bonding attempts. And like mentioned, some rabbits just don't get along no matter what. It's all about making a match of compatible personalities.

If you do plan on neutering and attempting bonding, I would suggest doing thorough research on bonding and rabbit behavior, for when you're ready to begin the process. It's especially important to understand the signs and body language of aggression and to know when things are escalating so you can intervene before a fight breaks out.

https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/bonding-bunnies.html
https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Bonding_rabbits_together
https://language.rabbitspeak.com/

Latest posts

Back