Male Rabbit Ripping out his fur

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He might have wet dulap. It happens if their water crock is too low because they wipe their next on the water crock/bottle to show ownership. It would make his next itchy. Raise his water and if its a bowl, put some toys in it

Please help me!
I have a male lion-mane bunny that i got in july of 2010. We have had no problems with him and our other animals (cats and dogs) for reference. Early december of last year he lifted up his head when I came back from living at school I noticed a large sore under his neck (my mom must not have seen it due to all the fur). We thought maybe he got a cut and it got infected so we brought him to the vet, they cleaned it up and gave us antibiotics and it healed right up, and the fur started growing back. About a month later he was on the couch and I noticed him ripping out the fur under his neck making it bleed a bit (like if you waxed). the next day it was getting infected again so back to the vet for more antibiotics. since then he has not stopped, every time it gets better he rips it out again. Any vet we bring him too tries but cannot figure out why he is doing it, We can't afford to keep putting him on and off antibiotics for the rest of his life and i don't want to put him down, help!
if anyone knows anything i can put on the hair under his neck (non-harmful) that will stop him from either grooming or pulling it out, or has insight as to why he has started doing this you would be my bunny's life savior.

Hi there have u resolved this problem as I have the very same with my rabbit

Latest posts

Back