Male rabbit hormones

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howard cordingley

Reaction score
My rabbit who is a senior too old to be neutered has suddenly started to want to mount everything in sight. I can’t stroke him without he gets fruity! Do male rabbits have hormone issues at certain times of year? He had dental treatment last week and has been very lively since!

Hm, now that you mention it, my boy currently is a PITA to his spayed cuddlebun too, like in spring. Could be the day lenght or something, I guess.

If this keeps up, might want to talk to your vet about it. Older rabbits that exhibit unusual hormonal behavior, could be doing it because of adrenal issues, or with an intact male possible reproductive organ issues.

My rabbit who is a senior too old to be neutered has suddenly started to want to mount everything in sight. I can’t stroke him without he gets fruity! Do male rabbits have hormone issues at certain times of year? He had dental treatment last week and has been very lively since!
Hi there , I'm not too sure if my ruby is a female. Can you help me understand what these sacks are ? Is my ruby a male rabbit? I'm new too having rabbit as pet. And knew too those group. Is there something wrong with my ruby and need to get too a vet? I so appreciate it. Dee

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210802-140612.jpg
    Screenshot_20210802-140612.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 5
Your rabbit does appear to be male. Those sacks are his testicles.

https://www.rabbitnetwork.org/educa...rabbit-care-articles/how-to-sex-your-rabbits/
Rabbits have massive balls. When i got Nugget, he would stretch out on the floor with his paws fully extended and then “pop pop” put come these golfball sized pink lumps from under his tail. Was almost impossible to not look at them!!! No wonder my house looked like an explosion at an icing factory at ankle level.

Latest posts

Back