Male rabbit changed female rabbit's personality

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falafelbunny

Reaction score
Hi!
This the first time I post here, as I failed to find answers to my question online and am hoping somebunny can shed some light on it.
I have a 1 year and 4 months rabbit who didn't change much after being fixed, except for succeeding at potty training and not circling/mounting everything. So, her personality stayed the same. The thing is that I got a male rabbit a month ago and he is not old enough to be neutered yet, I've read that in order to bond them he must be neutered and because they were fighting at the beginning they were kept separate. Somehow, they have become friends during the short moments they are together with supervision, and by friends I mean that he desperately tries mounting her and she lets him instead of fighting/leaving. As a result, my female rabbit has become very submissive! She loves being cuddled and petted even more than before and has become really calm. I was wondering if this was caused by the presence of a male rabbit or just having a bunfriend? I was worried she needed a bunny's company to be happy and she seems to be so! definitely happy with how it's going, as I was scared they would hate each other, but I'm curious as to why she changed positively.

My guess is that she realized she loves attention from that male bunny and decided to get more attention from you? Seems like a very sweet bunny!

Latest posts

Back