Male or Female? any advice?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrots

Reaction score
Hi, i posted earlier, i wanted to know if and wheni get my new Dwarf Rabbit, is a dwarf a good one toget? andis there any difference between male and female, i have been told thatfemale are more agressive that's why i have only ever had one femalerabbit and two males.

I don't know, any advice?:)

Catherine (carrots)

There is no best one, individual rabbits haveindividual personalities. One of my males is a bad biter but veryfriendly, the other is shy and has never bit me once. Then my friendsfemales are brats, they bite and some like attention. It depends ontheir personality. Getting a rabbit fixed would fix some agressionproblems and health issues that could happen in the future. If you getthem quit young, like around 2 months, they can easily be very friendlyand people oriented if you spend time with them daily, older rabbitsthat have been neglected and not had people contact often may be moreskittish and take longer to adjust to being around people but withpatience and a lot of love they can be just as friendly no matter whatgender or age.

Thank You for your opinions. When i go and get myrabbit sometime this week i will forget the whole male female thing andlook at their general behaviour e.g are they running around very activeand livly or do they tend to hide away in the courner, i think i preferthe quiter ones, it's always get to see a shy rabbit warm to theirowner.

Thank You :D

From Catherine.

Shy rabbits tend to be one person rabbits, myopinion anyways, they bond with there owners and show all this love toone person, ones that love all people tend to be the not so quiet ones,for instance, Mocha loves being pet by strangers, but Spice runs awayfrom strangers but runs to me when I am alone, he prefers warming up topeople before showing affection. They all make good pets and both canbe just as much trouble as the other, what ever rabbit you get I amsure you will be happy with and grow to love no matter what.

Laura

Hope you find the perfect bunny. :)WhenI got Mocha, I got the pick of the litter, he was the oddball and Ifell for him when I first saw him, and my friend guarenteed me that Icould take him :D. Then Spice was the only one I was able to take afterthat, but I'm glad I got him, he's my baby boy.

Latest posts

Back