male genital infection?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john/terri

Reaction score
it appears my rabbit didn't clean the feces off his testicles and they adhered to the penis "pouch" . we were trimming his nails and found the pouch was swollen. we cleaned the area ,just warm water and q-tips, and unstuck the testicles . it's a little pinker than it should be in the adhesion area , but not red. we put a little bacitracin on the pink areas. is there anything else we should be doing ?

Get the bacitracin off please! You cannot get that in your eyes, nose or mouth. It’s the same with bunnies. He is likely to clean himself. It cannot be ingested.
I always have Vetericyn spray on hand for any scrapes or irritations.
Good luck but no no no no no on the Bacitracin.

Get the bacitracin off please! You cannot get that in your eyes, nose or mouth. It’s the same with bunnies. He is likely to clean himself. It cannot be ingested.
oh okay, I've used it ,triple antibiotic actually, before on cats and rabbits. I had no problems , off it comes

Please share your source. Sounds a little fishy to me.

To the OP.
Photos would help.

Latest posts

Back