Making my rabbit comfortable in a new place.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ariana

Reaction score
We recently had to have the house sprayed and squishy my mostly free roaming bunny went from having his own room and house to being in a xpen at my grandparents. He cannot grip their floor so he’s not getting exercise except for inside his pen which has rugs . We had to throw away a lot of stuff because we couldn’t store it or it couldn’t be cleaned properly. He isn’t taking to me like normal when I go over daily and basically had nothing to do with me. Makes me sad because we were working on our bond. How can I make him comfortable while he’s away? And will our bond come back? He seems a little sad . He’s not fixed either but is normally fine, he has a um “stuffed flamingo friend” that he takes his uh feelings out with but we had to get rid of it .

Rabbits don't typically like things to change as it can make them scared and unsettled. The best thing would be to spend as much time as you can with him. I would just sit in his pen with him and read or use a laptop/tablet. He'll eventually become more comfortable with you the more time you are able to spend with him.

I would spend as much time as possible with him. If he's extremely anxious, I would recommend this herbal remedy spray I use for my 10-month rabbit Bella: https://www.vetimed.co.uk/en/pet/product/pet-remedy-de-stress-calming-spray-200ml/

Just try and make sure you let him scent the pen so he feels more comfortable and don't clean up his poops too often for the first few days or so. If he has any snuggly soft toys I'd recommend those, or his favourite snack?

I hope all goes well

Latest posts

Back