Makes me ashamed to be a human.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gezabella09

Reaction score
EDIT BY MODERATOR: GRAPHIC PHOTO ON WEBSITE!

I am just so shocked and disgusted.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2712388/Rabbits-are-squeezed-into-tiny-boxes-in-horible-conditions-to-test-anti-wrinkle-treatments.html

You mite need to copy and past the link coz i'm not all that technical!

I burst into tears after reading it and Choppy has just been smothered with love for the last half an hour ( more so than usual ) and got to munch on a whole heap of carrot tops!

All that for a wrinkle - i'd rather be wrinkled

No matter what we do....what year it is, how hard we try...there will always be people like this...people who do not see animals as anything but a means to an end, we can all only try to do what we feel is right, and fight for causes we can when we can......it is sad...and I feel horrible for the animals there...

:cry1::nerves1

This is a very sad, disturbing article. The picture on there is also very disturbing. Maybe a mod should come and label it just in case someone wasn't expecting it.

I know animal testing is common out there but... I'm sure all of us on the forumn have a soft spot for rabbits. It's so sad to think about this. :tears2:

This is one of the reasons I am Vegatarian. Cow is the same as a rabbit to me, same with Chickens - just like dogs. Whether you think the same or not they are all alive and do not deserve to be used in such a way to "help" humans. I get all the vegan/not tested on animal products I can but I am not a big makeup person anyway.

Their ears? Geezz.

bunnybunbunb wrote:
This is one of the reasons I am Vegatarian. Cow is the same as a rabbit to me, same with Chickens - just like dogs. Whether you think the same or not they are all alive and do not deserve to be used in such a way to "help" humans. I get all the vegan/not tested on animal products I can but I am not a big makeup person anyway.

Their ears? Geezz.

Samantha, I recently became vegetarian. I also shop for things that are not tested on animals. I look for the Cruelty Free label on packaging, and carry a guide to help me. For me, human "beauty" is not an acceptable excuse for animal testing.

Man I hate people sometimes! I don't even see why that is necessary even if you are testing something on an animal! They could still (though I disagree with testing on stupid things like wrinkle cream to begin with) have the whatever done to them and let them run around free range in large pen with the proper food/water and care! I understand that unfortunately, animal testibng may be necessary to test important things like cancer treatments and the like, but for beauty products its so unnecessary.

And they tried to kill rats with pens, that shocked me! I'm a university student, and we have to take an animal care course before dealing with animals alive or dead about how to properly respect the animal, and handle it in the most humane ways, they need that course desperately!

Bah I'm so frustrated!:X

I honestly think for doing things like this for Human enhancements...is very very wrong. I get it when they are trying to cure cancer or aids...and even then I still do not like it, but I can understand it better.

I thought to myself the other day...they created some sort f treatment to make your eyelashes grow thicker and longer...a treatment not mascara...WHY are we spending time creating such STUPID things like this? Could that money not have been spent a better way...but whatever...

Orchid wrote:
I thought to myself the other day...they created some sort f treatment to make your eyelashes grow thicker and longer...a treatment not mascara...WHY are we spending time creating such STUPID things like this? Could that money not have been spent a better way...but whatever...

:great: amen to t hat

Agree with Orchid. We don't have cures to many fatal diseases, but we have the cure for wimpy eyelashes. Why?

Those poor babies ... that is very disturbing and I can only hope that the next time we hear about this lab it'll be an article about how it's been closed down.

Geeze how terrible is that. I get that animal test subjects are used to save thousands of human lives, but for anti WRINKLE cream? As far as I know wrinkles have never killed anyone. Those types of drugs dont even REQUIRE animal testing, its just cheaper.

People are just messed up. I don't eat meat either, but this made me realize that washing my face might be hurting the little guys too. I'm to make sure to buy beauty projects that arnt tested on animals...

Orchid wrote:
My love...my addiction...and thank god...

What is your policy regarding animal testing?
We believe all living creatures deserve respect and would never think of testing any of our products on animals. Likewise, we don't ask anyone who may be helping us develop or make our products to conduct these kinds of tests on our behalf.
Top of Page

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=corp&subdisplay=faq&isStoremanDriven=yes
:thumbup

I was a vegan for several years and all my beauty products had no animal products or were tested on animals.

Both Procter & Gamble and Unilever test on animals and fund animal testing. I boycott both of these companies, but they make a lot of popular products. People who want to help should be aware of their practices.

Yurusumaji wrote:
Agree with Orchid. We don't have cures to many fatal diseases, but we have the cure for wimpy eyelashes. Why?

Quite honestly, there is no money in curing fatal diseases. But if this stupid eyelash thing made it to market, it's becausesomeone iswilling to pay money for it. There is only one thing that motivates the companies that make garbage like this, andthat is money.

Uhhgg! That shiz makes me so angry!!!!!!!!:X

Why can't they test on humans? You'll end up with more accurate results than doing it to a rabbit.

Yurusumaji wrote:
Some humans today just only care about themselves. Makeup, shampoo, and face creams seem to be more important than murdering innocent animals in such an inhumane was.

People who wear endangered animal clothing and/or use products that were tested on animals need to remember the horrible death that animal died just so you could wash your hair or wear it's fur.

Yurusumaji wrote:
I'd pay good money to cure my Chron's ... :(
And I'd pay good money to cure my allergies or asthma.

To the pharmaceutical companies, though, this is not good economics. It is much better for them to sell me three different medications that I have to take every day for the rest of my life to control my problems.

Of course, there are ethical researchers out there who are actually interested in curing diseases. But there are far fewer of those than there are companies out to make a buck of the misfortune or insecurities of others.

BethM wrote:
To the pharmaceutical companies, though, this is not good economics. It is much better for them to sell me three different medications that I have to take every day for the rest of my life to control my problems.

Of course, there are ethical researchers out there who are actually interested in curing diseases. But there are far fewer of those than there are companies out to make a buck of the misfortune or insecurities of others.

That is all....sadly...too true...

My daughter has like 4 meds to take...cant come up with a cure for dust allergy? Na....let a little kid have to take 4 different things so she doesnt have to suffer chronic sinus infections...

It is all about the almighty dollar...

I used to watch star trek and what not (whale one is my fav)....and how they all work together, without pay...everyone looked after...I have always wondered if our world will make it to a place like that...doing for the good of all, and not the benefit of a few...I do not think I will ever see that in my lifetime however...

Live long and prosper

Orchid wrote

My daughter has like 4 meds to take...cant come up with a cure for dust allergy? Na....let a little kid have to take 4 different things so she doesnt have to suffer chronic sinus infections...
Orchid, I am sorry to hear about your daughter. I know EXACTLY how that is. I am allergic to most things that are/can be airborne. (Including, but not limited to: tree pollen; grass pollen; some flower pollen; dust; mold; cigarette smoke; dogs; cats; ........... The last three also trigger my asthma. I am, thankfully, not allergic to rabbits. :))

I have had two sinus surgeries in the last 4 years (to remove polyps), and currently have to take 3 meds to keep things under control. Even so, I suffer from chronic sinus infections, usually 5-6 per year, so I'm on antibiotics a LOT. (I've got a mild one now, but haven't called for antibiotics for it. Constant pounding headache in my forehead and cheeks for the past three days making me miserable.)

How old is your daughter? Is she able to tolerate saline sinus rinses? I've found that they help me quite a bit. I also have to take Zyrtec, Singulair, and Flonase spray every day.

BethM wrote:
Orchid wrote

Orchid, I am sorry to hear about your daughter. I know EXACTLY how that is. I am allergic to most things that are/can be airborne. (Including, but not limited to: tree pollen; grass pollen; some flower pollen; dust; mold; cigarette smoke; dogs; cats; ........... The last three also trigger my asthma. I am, thankfully, not allergic to rabbits. :))

I have had two sinus surgeries in the last 4 years (to remove polyps), and currently have to take 3 meds to keep things under control. Even so, I suffer from chronic sinus infections, usually 5-6 per year, so I'm on antibiotics a LOT. (I've got a mild one now, but haven't called for antibiotics for it. Constant pounding headache in my forehead and cheeks for the past three days making me miserable.)

How old is your daughter? Is she able to tolerate saline sinus rinses? I've found that they help me quite a bit. I also have to take Zyrtec, Singulair, and Flonase spray every day.

Well we have much in common lol...

I was tested and found to be...allergic to everything under the sun except mold and buns...which sort of bun they test ya for I do not know...Birch trees and Mugwort apparently are my evil arch enemies...whatever mugwort is lol...and I have asthma...

Now they say Lina has dust allergies because I do...passed down...

I used to be horrible...utterly miserable as a kid...but now I am mostly ok...except the dander of anything...even human...

Lina takes Veramyst...it keeps it perfectly in check. Takes Patanol eye drops to help the itch...and her ped neurologist wanted her on benadryl...to help her sleep so she takes that at night...25 ml...and it helps with the allergies...and helps her sleep...She is 8 years old...we did zyrtec for the longest...and I think she has become too used to it now. Claratin and allegra...did nothing for her...neither did singulair...

She has asthma as well, but no where near as bad as I do...barely would know except for a rare moment, maybe twice a year..

She would get the infections, they would treat her, they would sort of go away...but as soon as we stopped the anti's....the infections came right back...wasnt till a nurse who knew a thing or two over the kid doctors...said something to me and said take her to an allergy doc that we figured it all out...

now my med list...LOL...that goes on and on and on and on and.....

I feel for ya, I do...thos infections drove her insane...

I only had one, once and the vertigo was the worst of it for me...well no I have had others but so minor they dont stick in my memory...

So every morning she takes one drop in each eye....at night she does that again, with two sprays in each nostril from the veramyst and then the Benadryl with that too....and her Vitamin in the morning...

She also has the generic for Reglan...(migrane headaches and 400mg Ibprohen.) They come and hit her hard every once in a while...

Latest posts

Back