Makes me ashamed to be a human.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is soo terrible and sad :( My gosh what is wrong with people?? :X

Those poor buns stuck like that in a cage with no room to move...and tortured :( Those people should be crammed in a small place like that and used for lab tests...see how they like it.

I think the lesson here is that anyone who is opposed to the testing of products on animals should take a little time and make sure to buy cruelty-free products. Especially cosmetic and other "beauty" products, household cleaning products, etc.

When I shop, I look for the Cruelty Free logo (a leaping bunny!). I also have a guide on my iphone so I can look up products when I'm at the store. If you go to http://www.leapingbunny.org/shopping.php, you can print out a guide to carry, or ask for one to be sent to you in the mail.

If people continue to buy products that are tested on animals, companies will continue to test their products on animals. Vote with your wallet.

Gezabella09 wrote:
EDIT BY MODERATOR: GRAPHIC PHOTO ON WEBSITE!

I am just so shocked and disgusted.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2712388/Rabbits-are-squeezed-into-tiny-boxes-in-horible-conditions-to-test-anti-wrinkle-treatments.html

You mite need to copy and past the link coz i'm not all that technical!

I burst into tears after reading it and Choppy has just been smothered with love for the last half an hour ( more so than usual ) and got to munch on a whole heap of carrot tops!

All that for a wrinkle - i'd rather be wrinkled
where is the humanity,,stuff like this started organizations like peta,,and others which set the animals free and burn the clinic to the ground--it is all insane...james waller:pink iris:

Okay I may be a bit sensetive, but I just started crying. I'm a vegetarian too! This is just horrible and it makes me sick. My thing is that if there is payment, humans would step right up and test under their own will. No, it is not "safer" to test shampoo on chimpanzees. We've grown so selfish, sometimes they are more human than we are. I personally think that if we don't need something that harms anyone else, then we don't need it and shouldn't use it. I'm actually starting a weekly broadcast on this issue and more. I'm still in the practice stages, though. I hate humans, even though I am one. I agree with Peeta Mellark in that maybe a better species will take over after the apocolyps.

Sad :( :( :(

I can understand using animals for important medical or genetic testing where there is really no other way. I am a graduate student and many of my friends either study animals in the wild, take wild animals into the lab, or use mice/rats in lab testing. The protocols and paperwork they have to go through is incredible, they are constantly checked up on, and the animals are pampered as much as possible. They are all doing really important work; they love people and love animals. Though I don't know anyone working on rabbits.

However I simply cannot abide by cosmetics testing. It is disgusting that human VANITY is used as an excuse to torture animals, and it sounds like either these companies are not being checked, or for some reason the stringent requirements don't apply to them. Or maybe it's state-by-state laws? I don't wear any makeup at all, and buy only cruelty-free bath/body products.

I've seen retired lab-rabbits at a rescue, they can really turn around and become happy healthy house buns. Perhaps campaigns can be put forward to raise awareness of the plight of lab rabbits and encourage labs to adopt out their rabbits to rescue organizations? I imagine they're normally euthanized, instead.

I'd like to add I'm a happy omnivore, and I think people who threaten researchers and labs are despicable. I understand the sentiment, but violence is not the answer. I joined the ALF forums for a while to see what they do, and was appalled by the terrifyingly intense anger and violence those people advocated (but not *really*, of course, so they couldn't be held liable if someone listened to them, *wink wink*).

What we need is more exposure, more level-headed campaigning, and more education. Animal rights advocates often get dismissed as rabid and unimportant. What we need are quick-witted people who can influence or put forth legislation. People need real viable alternatives to testing, specific examples, as opposed to general "that's so awful don't do that!".

As someone on the sidelines without that sort of influence, that might seem too hard to do or out of reach. But... maybe not.

Last edited:
What we need is more exposure, more level-headed campaigning, and more education. Animal rights advocates often get dismissed as rabid and unimportant.

reminds me of something my (vegetarian) best friend in high school would say - "PETA's the worst thing to ever happen to the animal rights movement" :p

This is one of those things it's just plain nightmare indusing (sorry for spelling) It makes me burst into tears its terrible how some people treat animals :'( makes me sick... :disgust: :bawl:

This is absolutely disgusting and I honestly don't know how it's permitted in this day and age. I read this a while back, might help to restore your faith in humanity a little bit:

CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/25/jacqueline-traides-animal-testing_n_1452697.html

It's just so classic of a large corporation to think that they can treat animals like this and get away with it, so blinded by greed.I honestly have no idea how people like this can sleep at night.

Why oh why do I click on threads like this, humans piss me off enough in general but stuff like this!!!

I am pretty much anti beauty goop (except perfume, I adore prefume), when I do buy I try to get the cruelty free, there is no need to torture animals so I will know that when I jab myself with my mascara wand it will hurt...duh! I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about going vegetarian again (I was for 4 years in the past don't really know why I quit...). I love all animals but rabbits and chickens just make me all gooey inside, they are so beautiful and the thought of people harming them gets my hackels up. We grew up on a farm (chickens, pigs, goats, sheep) I used to hide in my room when it was chicken murdering day... It really stunk because I would make pets out of the chickens, carry them around bring them in the house (much to mom's chagrin!) then every other year they would get killed, I refused to eat them. We sent the other animals out to be butchered. :( hate to say it but goat was delicious.

This girl in my English class did a huge project PowerPoint on animals that are tested with our beauty products. The pictures she showed all were graphic and intense to the point some people actually walked out. She is a rabbit owner and actually brought her hotot dwarf to ask could you do this to my rabbit.? And everyone got to pet and hold her rabbit. She actually explained that companies that say even though it's not tested on animals will get around it by making the producing the product then sending to another company that will test it on animals. But since it's not the company it was produced by that didn't test the product on the animal itself then they didn't have to label. I hate that they test on animals. I don't get why they would test on humans. I'm sure there would be plenty of happy people that would let them test on them for like small amounts of money. Or why don't we test on people in prision FOR LIFE. They have nothing to loose anyways. A couple wrinkles more won't hurt them while testing to see if the wrinkle cream works. But let's be honest ladies I've never seen a actual cream that works.

Latest posts

Back