Make Up Opinions needed, males included.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13. And then take them somewhere where they can learn to apply it tastefully (i.e. make-up counter). I think Bobbi Brown always does a nice, natural look.

13 as long as it is light and natural looking make-up should look like you are not wearing any

I let my daughter start wearing makeup in middle school. I remember starting then and needing a couple of years to get the hang of applying it and remembering to not rub my eyes and smear my mascara. I let her wear lip gloss in elementary school and use play make up at home when she was that age too. I have some relatives who have different opinions about makeup, but it really isn't that big a deal to me.

Picking a number is so arbitrary though! I would let them play with it if they wanted to, starting from whatever age that they're old enough not to put it in their mouths. I would let them wear it out at whatever age they started getting decent at it.

Our daughter didn't get to leave the house with makeup on til she was in High School. She thought she was sneaky and I'm stupid but she wasn't all that sneaky and she learned that I wasn't as dumb as she thought I looked. Like I was never that age, granted it was long ago. I might be male but my eyesight has always been above average. And the idea of someone showing how to do it properly is good--always disliked it when it looked like someone use a putty knife to apply it.

13 sounds good, but if everyone in class is wearing it, I woulnt single her out

My mom allowed me to wear it when I went into Jr. High. I was 13. She also took me to Merle Norman to get a make-over and learn how to properly apply it, since I did not want to learn from her. Merle Norman will cake it on, so you will have to tell them not to be so heavy handed with it, if you take her to a make-up counter... Better yet, there are probably make-up tutorials on YouTube, that kids can watch these days to learn. Just make sure you watch the video first, so that you can make sure that it definitely is a make-up tutorial she is about to watch.

My parents were always willing to let me be creative with make-up and hairdo's as long as my grades stayed where they needed to be. I also think there can be psychological clues, to parents, on how their daughters view themselves, based on how they wear their makeup. I know that might sound weird.... but sometimes kids don't talk to their parents about what is really going on. You can tell a lot about your daughters if you pay attention to the way they present themselves, and then address issues from there.

lol, i am 16 and have never put makeup on in my life. mom has been trying to get me to put some on. but i really don't want to. :pink iris:

I started in 5th grade. But only like a little bit of lip gloss or mascara or powdered concealer. I think it should depend on when the young lady develops. I mean if she goes through puberty early, and starts getting zits, shouldn't she be allowed at least use some concealer to try and hide them if she pleases? I think the natural look is okay whenever she's mature enough to handle it. Id look for YouTube tutorials for her. There's actually a lot of good ones :)

I started when I was like 17. Looks like I'm a late bloomer, lol. Not that my mum wouldve let me put it on under 15, I don't think. It isn't a big deal to me though.

I am in 6th grade and have never worn makeup. I never really was all that interested in that kind of stuff. If you are, I would wait till 13, and that's my recommended age.

I put it on at 16 when I played in a hair metal band...

Oops!

If I had a daughter, she probably would start wearing it in 8th grade, but her mum and I would monitor how much. We don't want her to be called a slapper in school.

This is why I am glad my girl is a bunny named Trixie...

There is make up and there is make up. Some lipgloss is OK when you're 13 but nothing more.
Some girls look like clowns wearing make up.
I think mums should teach their daughters to apply a light natural make up.

I've always let my daughter wear makeup at home, and got it for her at Christmas, birthdays, etc. My philosophy was that she would learn how to put it on better, the more practice she had. Occasionally, we frowned at her wearing too much, but mostly let her do what she wanted. Now she's 13 and wears mascara and lip gloss, and looks pretty awesome. (She'd look awesome *without*, too, but my point is that she applies it well!)

Latest posts

Back