Make a Jazz Noise Here

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bo B Bunny wrote:
LOL Do they ever groom HIM?!
Bo B, actuallyI caught both girls grooming on Patrick today. I didn't have enough time to grab the camera though... :?He looked very satisfied with the situation with his dreamy eyes all glazed over. :p

I wish I were at home on my laptop so I could tell you when I took these pictures. It would give a bit more reference on how Luna was feeling at the time, although she has been doing very well since this past Saturday. She has been very excited to eat (always a good sign) and hanging out with Patrick in the sun, and then with Zappa later in the evening. Always in the morning and at bed-time, I find them clustered together waiting for snacks... :p

This post will be with Luna in the middle. I know pictures may look the same, but sometimes they sit still long enough for me to get a few different angles.

P1140928-1.jpg

P1140929-1.jpg

P1140930-1.jpg

P1150938-1.jpg

P1150940-1.jpg

I think Luna was very content to be in the middle. Itseemed like Patrick and Zappa were on guard because they were on the ends keeping watch over Luna. Such a treat for Luna to relax for once. :D

I do find that even though they are all doing well as a trio bond, they still tend to hang out in pairs. Will I need to find a fourth bunner to make sure no one is the "odd man out"? Maybe some one with larger bond groups could let me know if this is the way they are, or if trios are just awkward and usually end up as quads to make sure all are happy.

myheart

I also have a few more pics of Zappa in the middle. Actually, I think Patrick and Luna were cuddling and Zappa decided to squeeze herself in. You able to see from some of the angles that Zappa is really trying to fit in between Patch and Luna.

P1140919-1.jpg

Zappa says, "Hide me... it's the flashy thing!"

P1140920-1.jpg

P1140921-1.jpg

P1140924-1.jpg

My Dutch trio from the top view.

P1140925-1.jpg

It is almost a good thing that Zappa's round butt was sticking out...hehe... or they would never have been able to get there noses that close together.

I have yet to see Patrick in the middle, but when I do, you bet there will be pictures!! :p

myheart

Love the pictures! Glad to hear that Patrick does get his share of being groomed ;).

I don't have experience with trios, so I don't know if adding a 4th is a good bet or not. But, purely on a selfish note, I'd love to see another Dutchie added to your train :D

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
... But, purely on a selfish note, I'd love to see another Dutchie added to your train :D

Jan

Wouldn't it be nice though.... :biggrin2:

It is so fun at snack time the way all three bunners come rushing up to me. I am in seventh heaven when that happens!!! But imagine a whole herd of Dutchies at snack time.... :shock::ponder::panic::biggrin2:

:rabbithop:rabbithop:rabbithop:rabbithop:rabbithop:rabbithop:rabbithop

myheart

Dutchie herd!:shock: Want!!!

Should I let you know if I see a girl Dutch at the shelter?;)

Honestly thought I think they'll be fine with just the three of them. They haven't really been bonded for that long, I bet the dynamics will change a bit. Especially since Zappa really is still a baby, despite her huge padonkadonk.

At the shelter we have two trios right now- three of my babies and three tort colored mixed breed girls. The girls are funny because they'll all cram into the litterbox together for a snuggle. Overflow of bunnies!

Odd thought- is Patrick ever in the middle of the group? Patrick and Luna might be first loves but it sounds like Zappa really likes Luna too.

Naturestee, I wish you could be there for snack time. Even Luna gets all crazy wanting snacks. Not sure if she is just feeding off of the excitement of the moment, but she sure is disappointed to get her snacks last at night. It almost seems like she gets sad because I put Patch and Zappa to bed with salads and she has run of the bunny-room until her house is ready with salad. The look on her face almost says, "Mom, you forgot me!!!" I always tell her that I save the best for last, even though I don't want her sneaking into the other cages to get pellets or various greens we are cutting out of her diet.

I keep forgetting that Zappa is only six months old!! :shock:She is always following Patrick around when she thinks something good will come of it (snacks), or laying with either Patch or Luna. Lately though, I have seen her hanging around Andy's condo. I think she is smitten with him. :pThat is why I kind of wonder about a quad instead of a trio. Zappa seems to be the odd-one-out for much of the day because Patch and Luna have such a strong bond. But I just don't think I could have another tortie Dutch running (racing) around. I would never know who would be doing what, and sometimes it is difficult enough to tell Luna and Zappa apart.

It would be fun to bring Zappa along in February so you could experience her roundness. She isn't fat...just fluffy. :p:?

myheart

LOL I know she's not fat, she'd doesn't look it. But she still has a big round padonkadonk!

Bring her if you want, I certainly won't mind.:biggrin2:

I will try to bring her in April for the following dental appointment. I think thisappointment will be all about Luna at this time.

Besides, you would have to promise not to cry like the last time I brought Zappa over... :cool:

myheart

Boz wrote:
Awwwww! That is soo adorable! :inlove: I can't get over the cuteness! :thud:

Thanks Boz. I really wish you could see Zappa in person againbecause I know you used to visit her at the shelter. She is still as round, cute, and soft as before. She was busy today doing some sort of strange head binkies in the bunny-room as she was trying to make her way into the living room. Zappa is really starting to mellow out...Patrick has that affect on other bunners. (lol)

myheart

Time to post some cute pics of the kids again...!!! I love this part because it just melts my heart when I get to see them snuggled up and I have the evidence on "film".

Ready for some Zappa cuteness?

P1220966-1.jpg

P1220967-1.jpg

Poor Patrick was such a sleepy boy, but I think nap-time was over for Zappa. Ahhh, the younger generation. :p

P1220968-1.jpg

Teehee.... Zappa looks so fat when she flops. Mmmmm... round bunny alert. :p

P1240969-1.jpg

Zappa and Luna together... Tell them apart on first glance --- I dare you... :?

P1240971-1.jpg

And finally... the trio... Luna had poked her head up to see what was going on...

P1250990-1.jpg

...but decided it was nothing important. Only mom being annoying again.

P1250991-1.jpg

I have missed a couple of occasions of getting pics of Patch in the middle because I was rushing off to work. I am not sure how it happened, but one morning I caught Luna at his head end and Zappa at his back end and he was laying perpendicular to them both. Does that make sense? Anyhow, they looked like the letter I. Someday I will get pics of him in the middle enjoying the comforts and warmth of his lady-friends. :p

myheart

JadeIcing wrote:

I've thought about it, but not sure if they would sit still long enough for a posed pic with hearts and flowers. I would almost have to wait for them to be all sleepy to sneak some valentines stuff in around them.

I see no one has entered the contest yet...:?. Maybe my fur-kids would be too much competition... :cool::D

myheart

JadeIcing, you are right. Zappa is the one in the back. But I don't know how many times I walk past them and have to really look at them to decide who is doing what. It should be easy to do, but seriously I surprise myself when I am about to talk to Zappa and it is actually Luna, or vice versa. :?

No more bunners who look similar... it'll drive me nuts. :?The only thing is that Zappa has taken a shine to my foster boy Andy Allen who is a tortie Dutch very similar to Patrick in his coat markings. They have not been officially introduced, but definitely check each other out through the bars of Andy's condo. Zappa is also kind enough to leave some marking poo's for him.

myheart

Latest posts

Back