Make a Jazz Noise Here

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay.... This time I will not use the spell check, as I think that is whatmake the forum eatmy responses.

I ended up getting a few more pictures of the kids cuddled together. I am always so surprised to see this when it does happen that I have to get my camera to have proof that they really are sitting and hanging out together.

This picture I took last night. The bunners seem to know what time it is and head off to the bunny-room to wait for greens. While they are in the bunny-room, I rushed to get Andy Allen out to play and clean his things up. I was on my way to get Andy some pellets when I saw this:

P1110900-1.jpg

Patrick was all flopped out with his harem. :p Luna hadn't been feeling well all weekend, so she wanted to be separate from them, but still have contact. It still made an awsome sight to see my babies all together.

This picture I took this morning before heading off to work. The kids weren't out of their cages twenty minutes, having raided each other cages for left over greens and pellets, when they decided it was time to take a break together. I call this pic, "Zappa Sandwich." :p

P1110901-1.jpg

In one of my other responses that didn't post, I was responding to JadeIcing saying that the pics had brought tears to her. Let me tell you, I was in tears myself when I saw them all cuddled together. I had toleave a message onNaturestee's phoneto let her know the good news. After all of the time and energy she put into making Luna and Zappa healthy, I feel part of them still belong to her. The only thing that would have made me happier would have been if Naturestee were there to witness the cuddle-event herself. I am sure she would have been crying tears of joy with me. :D

Ahhh... my little trio... I think I will wait a little while before investigating a chocolate, black, or harlequin Dutch to round out my train. :?:p

myheart

Yay! The pictures! I just love the first one. Patrick's expression is like he's asking permission or something. "Mama, I can has harem?"

:inlove:

LuvaBun wrote:
These pictures just melt me! Had to smile at Patrick in the first one though - he does kinda look like the 'Lord' with his adoring ladies - and looks like he is loving it :D. Just awesome!!

Jan

Thanks Jan. I melted also when I was about to set foot in the room. I changed direction instantly and headed for the camera. It was too special of a moment to think of passing it up to rush through cleaning cages. I was surprised they let me turn the ceiling light on without them moving. Normally I just have a lamp on for mood lighting to help them wind downfor snacks and bedtime. Then the camera flash... I thought somebun would get startled and disturb the moment. They must have been tired. :p

And as Naturestee says, "Patrick is just Patrick." There are others like himout there, I know, but this little man stole my heart at the shelter and hasn't given it back yet.

myheart

naturestee wrote:
Yay! The pictures! I just love the first one. Patrick's expression is like he's asking permission or something. "Mama, I can has harem?"

:inlove:

Actually, I think his expression is more like, "It's about time...!!!" :pHis only problem is catching one of them for some full-body huggin'. Zappa has taken up being able to get out of clutches as well as Luna. I think the poor little guy gets more frustrated now than he did before with just trying to catch Luna.:?I might have to find a little girl for him that would be an easier catch when he is feeling frisky...

myheart

Sigh..... melts your heart to see these lucky kids. What a happy train you have (started) or wish to photograph as they trio-link in bliss. Absolutely, so sweet photos of duos, trios, make you teary-eyed. tf

Zappa has the most beautiful eyes!

Luna is my girl! She's just really taken to being a part of the harem and life as a spoiled house bunny! I love her so much!

Patrick is definitely happy! :)

Is Luna having teeth trouble again? poor girl :(

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Zappa has the most beautiful eyes!

Luna is my girl! She's just really taken to being a part of the harem and life as a spoiled house bunny! I love her so much!

Patrick is definitely happy! :)

Is Luna having teeth trouble again? poor girl :(

Thanks Bo B!! Naturestee and I were talking about Zappa and her "roundness." She is round all over, including the shape of her eyes. She really does take after her baby-daddies. As much asZappa and Luna did not see eye-to-eye during bonding, I see them cuddled together more often than not.

Poor Patrick has double-duty pleasing his girls. This morning I saw Luna and Zappa come to a complete stop in front of Patrick, and the poor little guy had to groom them both. I have a picture of his efforts to please them, but have not loaded them onto Photobucket as of yet.... very busy day....

Luna is having much more serious trouble than teeth. I am going to post something in the Infirmiry about her situation so that maybe I could get some feedback from Randy or others familiar with kidney stones.

I took Luna Belle to the vet today because she had a really bad bout with stasis this past week/weekend. After I described everything that happened, Dr. Travis took an abdominal x-ray and discovered that Luna has kidney stones in both kidneys. They are of a calcium composition, so we have to eliminate as much calcium from her diet as possible. He said that if they were in her bladder, there would be no problem removing them, but the kidneys are a different story. We will have to try to wait them out to see if she will be able to pass them. That is probably why she went into stasis in the first place, she was hurting over trying to pass a stone.

Please send good vibes to my little girl so we will be able to dissolve or eliminate as many of those stones as possible!!!! :pray:

myheart

OMG where have I been? Do you know how incredibly jealous I am that you have a dutch threesome before me?! I have some catching up to do! ;)

Im so sorry to hear about Luna. I will ask my friends who are into natural healing. I know there is something you can put in their water that balances out calcium in the system. What about cranberry as well? Will that help? Maybe put some in her water or look for natural chewable cranberry vitamins?

I had to post some more pictures of the kids hanging out... :p

I took these pictures Monday morning. By this time, Luna had come out of her stasis and was ready to go. Both her and Zappa were cruisingaround the bunny-room, when they both met up with Patrick at the same time. Amazingly, both girls sat still in front of him waiting for grooming. Poor little guy has double duty now to keep both girls happy. :?:p

Groom-time...

P1120904-1.jpg

Excuse me...I'm busy...

P1120905-1.jpg

Are you still there?!!!!

P1120906-1.jpg

Patrick is such a little gentleman being so attentative to his girls. He really is a good hus-bun. Zappa is learning to share and understand that sometimesage comes before her cute roundness. I think she is also learning by example from Patch and Luna. I just hope they only showher thegood things...:?

I was so thrilled that morning to see Luna acting like nothing had been wrong with her that past weekend. She was so eager to have breakfast and get groomed. She absolutely warmed my heart. :hearts

myheart

P1120905-1.jpg

Lol! Looks like poor Patrick is asking for help in grooming his ladies in this one :D.

I read about Luna's problems in the infirmary :(. Just to let you know she is in my prayers. Glad to hear that she seems a lot better.

Jan

Thanks so much LuvaBun for the prayers and good thoughts for Luna's health. That means so much to me to know that there are so many forum memeber who love Luna about as much as I do. She has really blossomed since her arrival almost a year ago.

I agree with you thoughts on that picture. I don't think I will be surprised if any of the pics with Patrick make it into a caption contest because he just has the look about him. He is such a hunny-bunny!!!

myheart

Those girls sure are slave drivers! Poor Patrick, it must be terrible.;)

Edit: And I'll say it again, boy did Zappa get big! Satchmo and B.B. are so much smaller than her. Although the second litter is also showing a mix of big and little buns too so maybe it's just from the mixed genes?

Latest posts

Back