Magpie holland lop help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saranshay

Reaction score
I have harlequin holland lop buck and I would like to get a doe to breed for magpies, I read that you breed them to chinchillas to remove the orange. But I’m seeing that if you breed a chinchilla to a orange you get a chestnut? anyone breed for magpies that can help. The heavy black and white? not more white and grey. I see posts about people breeding magpies and to what...but not how to produce them in a litter

I have harlequin holland lop buck and I would like to get a doe to breed for magpies, I read that you breed them to chinchillas to remove the orange. But I’m seeing that if you breed a chinchilla to a orange you get a chestnut? anyone breed for magpies that can help. The heavy black and white? not more white and grey. I see posts about people breeding magpies and to what...but not how to produce them in a litter
I have bred my holland lop broken black magpie doe to a holland lop broken blue tort buck and produced two out of 8 broken magpies. I have not heard of breeding to a chinchilla and it takes away a color or breeding a chinchilla to a orange. But what color bucks and does do you have? My doe does not have a lot of black or grey, she is mostly white with some strips. These are the two she produced:

Attachments

• 85410140-50F7-43B6-B10A-AFA40CF64846.jpeg
    85410140-50F7-43B6-B10A-AFA40CF64846.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 7
  • 4912B174-AB0F-4FF6-AFB4-4318F2C42892.jpeg
    4912B174-AB0F-4FF6-AFB4-4318F2C42892.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 6
  • CDDF6023-5D7C-4517-8557-A2A34FB515BA.jpeg
    CDDF6023-5D7C-4517-8557-A2A34FB515BA.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 5
  • F41F638E-D62D-4634-802A-DCDB62C50FEA.jpeg
    F41F638E-D62D-4634-802A-DCDB62C50FEA.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 8C505608-D321-4711-A2CF-1C790721CD5A.jpeg
    8C505608-D321-4711-A2CF-1C790721CD5A.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 5
If I were closer I would help more.

I have bred my holland lop broken black magpie doe to a holland lop broken blue tort buck and produced two out of 8 broken magpies. I have not heard of breeding to a chinchilla and it takes away a color or breeding a chinchilla to a orange. But what color bucks and does do you have? My doe does not have a lot of black or grey, she is mostly white with some strips. These are the two she produced:

Thank you for the response. Sorry it took me so long, I didn't get notification that I got a response. I currently have a magpie female who is larger than the average holland lop and keeps throwing large kits. I bred her to a harlequin (black and orange) and have gotten a magpie from her (see attached). I was thinking of getting a different female (since her babies tend to be large, she is a good mother though) and since magpies are hard to find, I didn't know if there was another option for females to get magpies from. She has pretty babies, just large!

Thank you for being helpful, I find not many people are helpful!

Attachments

• magpie.jpg
    magpie.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 8
Thank you for the response. Sorry it took me so long, I didn't get notification that I got a response. I currently have a magpie female who is larger than the average holland lop and keeps throwing large kits. I bred her to a harlequin (black and orange) and have gotten a magpie from her (see attached). I was thinking of getting a different female (since her babies tend to be large, she is a good mother though) and since magpies are hard to find, I didn't know if there was another option for females to get magpies from. She has pretty babies, just large!

Thank you for being helpful, I find not many people are helpful!
Beautiful! If I were closer I would sell you some of my Hollands. I have a Doe who has large babies when bred to my false dwarf. She may be a false dwarf because she is having big babiez

Latest posts

Back