M.E., this one's for you.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandhills_rabbits

Reaction score
Well, Here's another bunny portrait. I feelreally embaressed to say this, but I cant remember the name of thebunny..... I guess it's been a long week and I need the weekend to comefast, or else i've just got no memory at all.

This is mostly a colored pencil sketch, with a watercolor wash as abase.... I didnt think there was anyway I could do the shading andindividual hairs of the fur unless I used primarily colored pencil.

84833364.jpg

M.E, if you'd p.m. me your address then I could send out your print when I send out everyone else's....

:)

GOOD GOD! I've run out of compliments, Sandhills. These paintings are better than the photographs.

Youmustmake something of this great talent of yoursand take it out there and sell it. People will pay good moneyfor this. You're one of the best animal artists I've everseen.

-Carolyn

4_9_3.gif

Wow....

I am not an emotional person, but this nearly brought me totears. It's soooo beautiful. The softness of her fur and herlittle nose, her whiskers, those long, gorgeous lashes I love, and herdeep brown eyes - it's all just amazing. I'm stunned.

11_2_104.gif

Thank You So Much!!!!!

4_9_7.gif

P.S. Her name's Peanut.

:shock:Don't the eyes look SO real! And thedetail in the fur! OMG! I'm still speechless and I can't take my eyesoff that picture.

Yes, the eyes are truly astoundingly realistic, I feel like I'm looking at the real, live Peanut.

I can't help but go back and look at all of her portraits again and again. Sandhills is incredible!

-Carolyn

Thanks so much.... I felt sort of bad that Icould do more of it in watercolor, but i just felt that the fur detailcouldnt have been done proper justice that way.

I'm so glad that now i now the bun's name.... Peanut! That's just the cutest name :)

And the bunny really does look like a peanut, with the coloring.

That is absolutely stunning. The eye is sorealistic. I kept scrolling back up to check it out. It almost feels asif Peanut herself is looking at you. What an incredible job capturingher!

Shannon

You just blow me away!! You should really make some money doing this...REALLY.

Thanks so much for all the wonderful words on theportrait.... :) Everyone on Rabbits Only really is wonderful! I swear,whenever anyone's having a bad day or is feeling down they should comehere.... It's like the best therapy there is! lol.

I'm still working on more portraits.... I dont want people to worry orfeel like "why isnt she doing my portrait yet?". I'm just going downthe list, so it's taking a bit of time, but they'll all get done. Ontop of the bunny portraits I've also got a few other portraits to do,so I just wanted to let people know that I havent forgotten about theirpaintings.

sandhills_rabbits wrote:
Thanks so much for all the wonderful words on theportrait.... :) Everyone on Rabbits Only really is wonderful! I swear,whenever anyone's having a bad day or is feeling down they should comehere.... It's like the best therapy there is! lol.

I'm still working on more portraits.... I dont want people to worry orfeel like "why isnt she doing my portrait yet?". I'm just going downthe list, so it's taking a bit of time, but they'll all get done. Ontop of the bunny portraits I've also got a few other portraits to do,so I just wanted to let people know that I havent forgotten about theirpaintings.

Sandhills,

As you can tell, wewill pay for our paintings, so pleasedon't hesitate to let us charge us. I hope thatyou've come up with a price as you shouldn't be giving these away forfree.

I'm sure our members respect you enough not expect that ofyou. It wouldn't be fair and your good willwouldwillsoon tireif you are giving andgiving without covering your own cost and time. This isquickly turning into a "job" for you and you should be compensated foryour time, talent, and materials. As said to you before, wecan keep you busy on this forum alone with your talent.

Many Many thanks formaking many of our days. Don'tworry about time. I'm sure no one's tapping their foot inanger waiting. It's incredible how fast you'regoing. Take abreath and make sure you're stillhaving fun with it.

As soon as I get Fauna's picture, I'm rushing off to the professionalframers and going to get it mounted and pick a special frame forit. You've made me so happy. Thank you, Thank you,Thank you.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Asyou can tell, wewill pay for our paintings, so please don'thesitate to let us charge us. I hope that you'vecome up with a price as you shouldn't be giving these away forfree. I'm sure our members respect you enough not expect thatof you.
Absolutely! Lenci's picture will be framed too!!

Way to go,Lissa!

I knew you'd jump in here.

-Carolyn

Sandhills_rabbits,

Don't rush! I'm sure everyone will understand why it takes a littlelonger than it has. I for one am quite shocked at how fast you gotthrough some of these!

I'd pay if I had a way to, also.

Carolyn wrote:
As you can tell, we will pay for our paintings, so please don'thesitate to let us charge us. I hope that you've come up with a priceas you shouldn't be giving these away for free.

I'm sure our members respect you enough not expect that of you. Itwouldn't be fair and your good will would will soon tire if you aregiving and giving without covering your own cost and time. This isquickly turning into a "job" for you and you should be compensated foryour time, talent, and materials.

I second that!

I too will be getting my beautiful girl framed and hung on my wall as soon as I can.

Latest posts

Back