Lucy Lu

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saturday Lucy passed away. She was in and out of the house, laying on the air conditioner airflow. When I think about it she was not as hungry as she typically was such as she wasn't as interested in foods she usually gobbled up but she was still eating. My 13 year old and 8 year old found her. The kids were devastated. I was extremely upset. We have never had an animal pass away at home. My husband burried her on the side of the house, along with the wild rabbits we have buried over the years. I have a bunny statue and a special rock that we painted.

Eventually I plan on getting another rabbit but not right away. I want to take a look at the adoptables at the bunny rescue and create a nice place for a bunny first. I got rid of her hay and food and will be taking her crate to the dump this week just in case there was some bacteria or virus she was carrying or something in her food.

RIP Lucy. Hope you and your family are doing well. Sorry to hear of her passing, it sounds like you were a great owner. Sadly this just happens in life. Sorry your kids had to see it first, granted it could be turned into a good lesson on life/death for them at their age. Any pictures of the statute? Im sure many would love to give kind words to Lucy and her statute. If you don't plan on getting another bunny right away you could just keep and clean the cage(to save money) if you think that had anything to do with it as by the time you cleaned it, waited a few weeks or however long, any bacteria or virus should be long gone. I wish you the best and hope the pain doesn't last too long. Hope you aren't gone to long from the forums, keep your head up :)

This is my last photo of Lucy. She liked to go on the deck. I would have my coffee out there. She was extra lovey her last 2 weeks going around my legs and seemed happy. She was not eating vegetables or her greens as much as she did.

Attachments

• 7F2E8B67-EBA4-4839-82EC-7A294C087C69.jpeg
    7F2E8B67-EBA4-4839-82EC-7A294C087C69.jpeg
    229.4 KB · Views: 5
  • BC2A16D0-045D-46E5-8606-289FD8C56E1D.jpeg
    BC2A16D0-045D-46E5-8606-289FD8C56E1D.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 3BD583B2-E3EA-46B2-87D5-E6F4FF3F9DA1.jpeg
    3BD583B2-E3EA-46B2-87D5-E6F4FF3F9DA1.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back