low cost neuter spay clinics in nyc?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokkibada

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I recently rescued a dutch a few days ago and unfortunately the previous owner lied to me that he has been fixed but his balls are clearly still there (and big). This is unfortunate because the cost of some of these vets that offer neuter spay surgeries go upwards of 200-300 dollars in the city. I was wondering if there were any rescue clinics that do them for free or a lower price? It's a bit rough because I rescued him hoping that he was already fixed :(

Best bet is to call around or check the websites for low cost spay/neuter cat and dog clinics, to see if any of them also do rabbits. Keep in mind that these low cost clinics may not have the most experienced rabbit vet there, so it could be a higher risk of something going wrong. If you can afford it, it's always best to go with an experienced rabbit vet.

Hi everyone, I recently rescued a dutch a few days ago and unfortunately the previous owner lied to me that he has been fixed but his balls are clearly still there (and big). This is unfortunate because the cost of some of these vets that offer neuter spay surgeries go upwards of 200-300 dollars in the city. I was wondering if there were any rescue clinics that do them for free or a lower price? It's a bit rough because I rescued him hoping that he was already fixed :(

I live outside NYC and am in a similar situation. I posted an inquiry (here) in the NYC Bunnies Facebook group and got a few responses, although most really didn't pan out. :( I'll also attach a screenshot of the thread.

The best option seems to be the Center for Avian and Exotic Medicine's low-cost spay and neuter program, but their website states that the next available slot for males is June 2021 and when I emailed to inquire I got a completely different response from what they offered on the website:

The initial consultation is $110, which includes a full body exam. We are unable to perform the spay the same day, however we can usually schedule the rabbit's spay within 1-2 weeks.
The procedure runs from $400-$800 (the higher end including pre-operative bloodwork and x-rays, the lower end including only the spay and the usual medications to go home).

It's really a shame that there's so little support to make rescuing a rabbit affordable!

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    447.8 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back