Low calcium veg and herb ideas please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie94

Reaction score
Hello,

What would everyone suggest as the best veg and herbs for a low calcium diet but still with plenty of variety. I am noticing quite a lot of calcium deposit in my bunnies urine at the moment so I want to reduce calcium for a bit to see if that helps.

Thank you 😊

Hello,

What would everyone suggest as the best veg and herbs for a low calcium diet but still with plenty of variety. I am noticing quite a lot of calcium deposit in my bunnies urine at the moment so I want to reduce calcium for a bit to see if that helps.

Thank you 😊
Romaine lettuce, cilantro, basil, cucumber, red leaf lettuce, green leaf lettuce, brussel spprouts are some that I can think of off of the top of my head.
I just found this link which may help- Calcium – Case study

Excess calcium doesn't just come from veggies. Pellets can be the biggest contributor. Do you feed pellets? If so, what type/brand and how much per day? What kind of hay do you feed and is it a soft green cut, mix of leaf and stem, or mostly hard stems? Also how old is the bun and approx. weight?

I feed burgess excel pellets one egg cup in the morning and one in the evening between the two of them. I buy hay from hay box they get meadow hay and a mixture of Timothy soft and coarse cut. I’m not sure out of the two which one is most effected or if it’s both of them. They are both 2 years old and weight 1.95kg and 2.65kg.

Latest posts

Back