Love at first sight?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allenstacy74

Reaction score
I have a neutered male and spayed female who have “shared” my room in separate cages next to each other since late December therefore they are very awake of each others presence. I introduced them on Tuesday and in the beginning there was a bit of chasing and nipping but it only happened once or twice. I put them together again on Wednesday and they seem to have magically fell in love haha! There was no fighting, chasing, nipping or anything. The entire day the were inseparable everywhere he went, she went and the other way around, they ate, drank, played, slept and groomed each other (BOTH taking part in all of these acts) I even witnessed what I believe was my female “checking on” my buck as he did a binky and kind of slipped and she ran over to him and flooded him in kisses. They have been so happy with each other company all day but now it’s time for me to go to sleep and I don’t know whether to keep them together or separate them? Im aware it’s only been a couple days and I should be patient but I’d like another opinion before I make a decision, just to be safe!!

Of course every rabbit is different when it comes to bonding, when I was going to pick up my female netherland dwarf, I took my neutered male netherland with me to be sure there was hope of bonding the two. They rode together on the way back and have not been separated since. I did 0 bonding other than the car ride home. It really depends on the particular rabbits of course, but I definitely believe it was live at first sight haha

Of course every rabbit is different when it comes to bonding, when I was going to pick up my female netherland dwarf, I took my neutered male netherland with me to be sure there was hope of bonding the two. They rode together on the way back and have not been separated since. I did 0 bonding other than the car ride home. It really depends on the particular rabbits of course, but I definitely believe it was live at first sight haha
Aww that’s adorable. I decided to go with my gut and trust my bunnies and they were fine! They are still together and haven’t shown any negative signs. I have 2 mini lop crosses (not sure on the second breed) but they are very big bunnies haha and I was worried about leaving them over night incase a fight broke out and I wasn’t prepared to stop it!

Latest posts

Back