loud breathing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
my bunny breathes really loud. every breath is almost like a squeak/ kind of grunt or some kind of really loud wheezing? she used to do it occasionally but lately it has got much worse. when i stroke just above her nose and she breathes in, it’s almost like bones crunching too. this may be normal, i’ve never had a bunny before.

Check for discharge around her eyes or nose. Also check her paws since they sometimes will wipe their face with their paws.

It's possible she has a respiratory infection. Whitish discharge (or any other color) would confirm that. If this is the case, get to a vet sooner than later. With rabbits, it is always important to seek vet care at the first signs of anything wrong.

Even if there is no discharge you need to see a vet, as it could be a problem with the lower respiratory tract which won’t always show discharge.

dear lola,-we are the first responders to any medical problem..awareness is difficult because they hide their problem so well,--does sound like a respiratory situation,-it would behoove you to have this checked out by a exotic dvm,-a regular dog,cat vet may not be conclusive enough..but the learning must start quick..-sincerely james waller for joseph r cottontail rip

Latest posts

Back