Lots of Stress

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCRabbitry

Reaction score
I have lots of stuff going on. First off, my fiance's family and friends are putting pressure on him to not marry me. His friends came to him and told him that they wouldn't be throwing him a bachelor party or inviting him to anything again.

That, along with a ton of stress from work, brought us to the decision that we should postpone, not forever, just for a few months, to let things at work settle down a little, and so we wouldn't have to be spending so much right before the holidays.

Then, I got an IM from his best man's wife. They are planning a bachelor weekend for him this weekend. No one told us anything til this morning, and we already have plans for this weekend.

We hadn't gotten around to telling his friends that we were postponing just yet, as we had only come to the decision a week ago, and wanted to make sure that the most important people knew first.

Now, with all this in mind... His best man's wife is really ticking me off... When we got engaged, she said that she would love to be our photographer, and I mentioned that we were thinking of having their oldest daughter be the flower girl. I never asked, I juts mentioned it in passing.

Somehow, she voulenteered both their daughters to be my flower girls. These girls are 5 and 1. So it would have been cute. I also got my sister in law ok with my niece being a flower girl along with the other two, she is also 1. His best friends wife had already ordered the girls dresses, and was getting all excited.

Then, my fiance went to talk to his best man, and that is when he was told that no one in the group liked me, and that if he married me, they would no longer be inviting him to anything.

Since that day, his best man's wife has been going on facebook and posting things that I see as very rude. (Before I forget to say so, the wedding was supposed to be on Halloween.)
She has posted things like "I wonder what the girls should be for Halloween, it's on a Saturday this year, so I am thinking that I will take them to the mall and have their pictures taken together, that would be so cute!"

or "people amaze me. Asking a person to give up their friends and family for their own selfish gain. All I can say to those people is that it will come back to bite them in the butt."

Now remember, like I said in the beginning of this post, neither his best man or wife know that we have decided to postpone just yet. We have only told immediate family so far.

On the other side of all of this, is his family. Things are finally starting to go better with them, so we figured that we would call and see if they wanted to go to dinner. Just dinner, nothing more.

His brother, (he only has one sibling, his brother) said that he already had plans and that if this was a "Scott and Melinda" thing that he didn't think that their mom could handle it by herself.

Even after they got off the phone, his brother called him right back and asked him what his motive was for inviting them out to dinner. He told them simply, nothing, just dinner. We just thought it would be good to go out with you guys.

I am really flustered with all of this... It makes me angry that we both bend over backwards to make sure that these people will be happy for Scott, and the way they thank him is to cause more drama.

Before you say anything about us postponing, after accepting it, and dealing with it, I have decided that it was the best decision. Because we are just not very financially stable right now, and should really find another house to live in. I personally think that it will work out better if we wait until Spring. But, be that as it may, I am really sick of all this drama.

I have sought counseling to help myself with this, and have been going for a couple of weeks now. It has really helped, but I really just needed to vent. It seems like everywhere I go to normally vent is being monitored by someone on his side, so I came here... A rabbit forum... Because I know that they wont look here..

According to his friends, that is the biggest problem. I talk about my rabbits... Well EXCUSE me for having a hobby that I love and enjoy. I don't like hearing about nasty dirty diapers, or how so and so had a great bowl movement or how it's so rough to be a parent, but I still listen to all of it from them..... And, I don't think any less of them for saying what they do.... ugh...

Thanks for letting me vent. :D Melinda

That really sucks. Some people.

This isn't really the same situation, but my mom and her fiance say they are sick of hearing me talk about rabbits. Well you know what, at least I have something that I'm passionate about :/ I totally agree with you on that though!

His family and friends need a smack upside the head. That is what I think :)

I hope you guys get married and happily too!

bunnyhug::bunnyhug: at the end of the day it's you and scott's wedding and life together. and in this day and age i admire you for trying to put yourselves on a sound financial footing before the expense of a wedding.

Thanks guys. We both know that, Scott's big argument for everything is that he wants people to be there and be happy for him, besides me, and my family. I understand that, and really, I wish that they would be able to see that he is happy, and that he is doing what he wants to do, and that I am not forcing him to do anything... And just be happy for him.

His big hope for everything, is that in the next few months, we will be better financially sound for the wedding, and that his friends and family will be more receptive, and happy for him... :D

:bunnydance:dont worry about new parents rabbiting on about every little detail to do with their baby. it's a parent thing - your brain is so addled thanks to lack of sleep and the brat that all common sense deserts you. some think that the whole world is interested in said brat. sufferers cant understand that other people may have a life - like they once had, and that the brat isnt the b all and end all ( hop this bit isnt lost in translation;)

i grew out of after a couple of months and was soon regaling friends with stories of my rat - the late great rizzo.:D

LOL I thought that it would fade with this group of people, but most of their babies are over a year old and go up to 5..... ugh....

And I am horrid for talking about my bunz...

Latest posts

Back